[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from a newbie

Hello from a newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from a newbie

Postby watfordjo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi everyone, just thought as I have just joined the forum I would pop along and say hello to you all.

My name is Jo, I am 43 and based in Watford Hertfordshire and up till this week I had been diagnosed after blood tests with Rheumatoid Arthritis but on going to see my G.P this week for more pain relief it turns out my new consultant has written to him after my last visit and feels I have Fibromyalgia and not RA arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So blinking annoying, would have been nice for consultant to tell me back in June when I saw him lol. Anyway Fibro does explain a lot more to me than RA ever did, even during 8 weeks of physio it felt more like muscle pain than joint pain.

Anyway I am now in process of filling in dla forms and hoping I am successful(not holding breath though lol) and would love to find other people in my area that might like to meet up now and again for coffee and a chat. I'm stuck at home most days and feel so isolated with this condition.

Look forward to chatting to you all at some point.

Love
Jo
First diagnosed in 2009 with Rheumatoid Arthritis, now turns out I have Fibromyalgia. I also have Hyper mobile joints and suffer with water retention. Take Tramodol for pain
watfordjo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from a newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 pm

:wave: :wave: Jo :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hope you'll find some of it helpful :mrgreen:

If there's anything you want to know, then just ask and we'll try to help you with it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hope you don't mind a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby meyer12 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Hello and welcome. I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. I have a positive rhumatoid factor and 2 other positive tests the rhumatologist does. (cant remember the names lol). Have you seen a rhumatologist yet???
If not its very important you do because they can give you medications for both Fibro and RA that a GP cant. your RA may be mild but if blood tests show it you really need the meds to slow down its progress.
if you have any questions just ask, ive seen loads of posts on the forum with brilliant replys :) x
meyer12
UKFM Member

Postby watfordjo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:10 am

Hi Meyer,
Yes I have been under hospital for RA since 2009 and they started me on MTX but I was far worse on it than off it. I moved from Norwich to Watford 18 months ago and it is my new consultant who has wrote and told my G.P he does not think I have RA. But how can he say this when my blood tests showed positive for RA and my regular blood tests while on MTX showed all the raised levels when it flared up. So now he has come to conclusion I have Fibro lol Even I know you can have both conditions and my 2 index fingers are slowly turning inwards and my big toes seem to be as well.

My main concern is going to be filling in the dla forms as if they ask my consultant I worry he is going to be one of these who makes out it's not that bad and then I won't get anything. Also as nice as my G.P is everytime I see him he asks if I am working yet lol I would love to be at work and earning my own money. Sometimes docs really don't live in the real world lol.

My medication at min is Tramadol and amitrypline at night, leave me like zombie next morning. Consultant put me on the Amitrypline so my muscles relax at night, but feel so crap next day and headachy :(

Right am off to get up and walk round, can feel thighs starting to hurt as sat in this position too long on laptop lol

Thank you for advice :hugs:

love
Jo
First diagnosed in 2009 with Rheumatoid Arthritis, now turns out I have Fibromyalgia. I also have Hyper mobile joints and suffer with water retention. Take Tramodol for pain
watfordjo
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:32 am

:wave: :wave: Jo, if you're going to put in a claim for DLA, instead of tackling the forms yourself, get in touch with CAB, DIAL, Welfare Rights or other similar local organisations. They can advise and help with completing the forms, and know how best to phrase things when answering the questions.

If the amis are leaving you feeling zombified the following morning, maybe taking them a bit earlier could help. Quite a few peeps on here have found that taking them anything from an hour to 3 hours before they go to bed helps reduce the zombiness, but still find them effective for the sleep and pain side of things.

Not sure what you could do about the consultant issue, as trying to get an appt to see them could take too long. Maybe phoning their secretary or admin staff and talking to them could help, they may have an idea of the approach that is taken for these kinds of things, or have an alternative suggestion for you :dunno: :dunno:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi Jo and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jo :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Brevispink » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Hello Jo

Are you still in Watford? I just wanted to meet people in the area with a similar condition. I have long-term neck and back pain and have lovely friends, but they just don't "get it"! Perhaps you can let me know if you are still around here! Best wishes

Caroline
Brevispink
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello