[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello all

Hello all

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello all

Postby meyer12 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Im new to the board but not to fibro. So hello to all and here is a bit about me.. Got my diagnosis almost 2 years ago, at the same time was also diagnosed with Rhumatiod Arthritis. I have pain head to toe constantly but suffer depression, migraines, fibro fog, word mix up, back pain and joint pain (know the RA is in my hands, everything else is fibro). Ive tried Gabapentin, pregabalin, amytriptaline, deuloxtine (trying again soon), all of with just didnt agree with me... i seem sensitive to side effects.
I currently take Paracetamol x2, tramadolx2, nefopam x2 every 4 hours. I take trazodone 150my for depression and anxiety, ibprofen for RA x3 daily.

Ive got a date for tribunal for ESA and DLA in a couple of months, the whole farse has been dragging on since xmas after a wonderful medical by ATOS... NOT!!! it was horrendous and the report was anything but factual, i was seen by a nurse who didnt have any understanding of fibro.

I have 2 beautiful children and a wonderful husband who gave up work to care for me when i was first hit with the RA and Fibro, best way to describe it all was like being hit with a tonne of bricks. i went from being active looking after my toddler and new born to being unable to wake to them crying at night, unable to change nappies or hold my baby to breast feed. I was unable to even get out of bed by myself. It gradually got better as both Fibro and RA became a bit more under control. I have flares where im can end up bed bound for weeks but they are managable because i can deal with them emotionally and as a family we cope better.

Anyway ive written rather a lot so i will send everyone gentle hugs and say bye bye for now x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made some of paragraphs a bit clearer so it's easier to read
meyer12
UKFM Member

Re: Hello all

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum meyer12 :wave: :wave:

I've made the paragraphs a bit clearer in your post as a lot of us struggle with reading a bid block of text :facepalm: :facepalm:

The med sensitivities seem to be a common thing amongst us FM-ers, hopefully when you retry the deuloxtine things will be better :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll come cross some things that help you. If there's anything you wnt to know, then just ask and we'll try to help you with it.

:goodluck2: with your appeal/tribunal :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Let us know how things go :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi Meyer and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:27 pm

:welcome: to the forum meyer :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello