[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hey =)

Hey =)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hey =)

Postby stephiiberrybean » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Hey everyone.
I thought I better introduce myself before I start posting around the forum.

My name is Stephii. I'm Twenty years old and I got diagnosed with FM and Chronic Fatigue last year. I've suffered with the pain since I was about 16 but everyone just said to "man up" because it was "growing pains."
I gradually got worse and last year ended up unable to get out of bed due to the severe pain I was getting. Doctors finally took notice and after a thousand test diagnosed me with FM. Since then i've had no help at all. So i just manage the pain on my own. So I'm hoping being here will give me support and i'll meet many people who can understand. (Most people don't and say i'm not in pain i'm just making it up!)

I am a horse rider. I've been riding since I was 2 years old and I currently have 4 horses.
Rhia and Sophie live on land at my aunties and are retired.
Jimbo is just recently retired and is really poorly - possibly due to spinal arthritis. Then Berry is my new 4 year old.

I also have a tortoise called Squirtle (Squirt), A dog called Pudding and 2 cats, Pixie and Mia.
My mum also has a dog called Millie.

I also do photography as a hobby and would love to do it as a career,
currently I'm studying my BHS (British Horse Society) stages which should lead up to me being a fully qualified riding instructor.

Anyway I think I've bored you all enough :)

Can wait to get to know some of you and get posting.
stephiiberrybean
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hey =)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:03 pm

:welcome: to the forum Stephii :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear you've had no help from your drs :hugs: :hugs: Usually when people say that their GP isn't helpful we suggest trying to see another one at your surgery to see if they are any better, as well as trying to find out if there is someone there who has experience of treating FM-ers. Alternatively you could try looking for another surgery and ask if they have someone who has treated FM-ers before. How have you been managing your pain as there are various things to try in different combinations that could bring you some easing.

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look and see if there is anything that might be of help to you. If there's anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it.

I like the sound of your menagerie, we have a Pets thread in Positive and Fun, full of the antics our animal friends get up to, maybe you have some funny stories about yours that you'd like to share with us :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sals » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:08 am

Hey Stephi :wave:

:welcome: to the forums. :hugs:

Animals are great and give unconditional love, great to talk too and get things off your chest and a sauce of comical fun. no pressure. (I'm not sure I'm using the right words here but I hope you all get what I mean.) they're chilled bk and relaxing most of the time and don't expect too much from you or make you feel not worthy)

sorry to hear you have FM and Chronic Fatigue.

look forward to reading your posts
Sals
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 am

Hi Stephi and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi Stephii :welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello