[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Thought i would say hi

Thought i would say hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Thought i would say hi

Postby barbara1972 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:49 am

Hi my name is barbara i am 39 years old and have been living with fibro for about 7 years.

My fibro is one thing that is just added to a very long line of medical problems i have had or still have over the years.

I have underactive thyroid have had for nearly 20 years.
I have Scoliosis of the spine have had for 25 years since diagnosis.
I had epilepsy from the age of 10 till 14 short spell they put down to head injury.

I have glue year had 13 ops in 18 years now got two Perforated eardrum and have to wear hearing aids.
I also suffered a lose of my daughter soon after birth 11 years ago. (placenta abrasion) at 26 weeks. Charlee-ann died 5 days after birth.
I suffered bell's palsy xmas day the same year 6 weeks after her death.
I have hpv none cancerious and had two treatments in the last year.

I have been involved in three car accidents in lest than ten years.

I am a fibro sufferer and no wonder my body and brain has had its far deal of trauma.

When i was first diagnosised with this i sat down to it let it take me and my life over couldn't do anything to stop it.

The biggest thing in my life is deporession had it since the head injury at the age of ten been on 7 different anti-ds in ten years. Now i am on mirtazapinebest one i have ever found. My life is now my own i am fighting everyday to sty fit and healthy even on my worse days i no longer sit down to it. I have suffered pain and mobility problems all my life. I now run a charity for the disabled. It is often refreshing to see others who suffer survive and have a life and it lets me see everyday that there are people out there who do suffer far worse things in life than pain and fatigue. The way i bet my fatigue is through getting up and moving about getting out in the fresh air and gentle exersise. Swimming go find a pool with heated water it will do you wonders. hydrotherapy ask your doctor for it.

I am a sufferer but i will not suffer. I fight each and everyday with the demons within my life i will not be beaten.
barbara1972
UKFM Member

Re: Thought i would say hi

Postby shazq » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:10 pm

:welcome: to the forum Barbara :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:00 pm

:welcome: to the forum barbera :wave: :wave:

With it being a while since you joined the forum, hopefully you'll know how much info and support there is on here.

You've certainly been thru the mill with trauma and physical things :facepalm: :facepalm: Have you managed to get the epilepsy under control with meds or has it just gone dormant??

It sounds like you have a really positive, proactive approach to managing your FM, hopefully you'll have some suggestions that might help some of us on here :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Amberwillow » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello Barbara :wave: welcome to the forum x
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Postby barbara1972 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:00 pm

barbara1972
UKFM Member

Postby barbara1972 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome.
barbara1972
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Sounds like you've got a decent GP treating you, which makes a huge difference :) :) I like your analogy of fighting the demons in your life, I often think of mine as some sort of malevolent force that is trying to take control, it can be difficult at times tho can't it, keeping it under control :facepalm: :facepalm:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby barbara1972 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:55 am

barbara1972
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:02 am

And control is the one thing we're all striving for :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello