Hi im struggling.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi im struggling.

Postby matthensley » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Just posting co's im in very a very bad flare up, im nick and have chronic pain/fibro/deppression. Stress has sent me into a realy awful flare widespread pain and total isolation from deppression, stress is definately what triggers my worst times.I had to come off amitrypterline because i had a manic episode and was to high, the meds did get me out of the house although i was still in pain, the trouble was i just didnt care about anything and it was not me at all. Now im in a bad patch again and fear the oncoming months of winter and the upcoming EMA assesments, it just all seems overwhelming and this illness takes so much away form you it is very sad, i have read through many posts and my heart goes out to everyones struggle as i know how hard it can be, espesialy when the DWP are victimiseing trully ill people,. good luck everone....
matthensley
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi im struggling.

Postby denys » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi Nick and :welcome: to the forum sorry to hear you are in a flare at the moment, have you been back to your docs to explain how things are going downhill, maybe some therapy to help you deal with stress would help you :?: :?: :?: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Azz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi sorry to hear you are going through a difficult patch at the moment. Agree with Denys maybe a visit to your dr. will help.
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby matthensley » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi thanks i have been back to the docs and am awaiting an apponitment with the mental health team, it hard because you dont know what comes first the fibro or the deppresion or the stress that triggers the realy bad times. I realy wanted to just get on with things and get a job but its looking hopeless. The NHS situation in mid wales is very poor regarding mental health and pain management. I went to the pain clinic 6 months ago and the doctor said that if its widespread pain and chronic tirdness then fibro was as good a diagnosis as anything. Coming to terms with what they had to say was a lifelong chronic condition is hard and scarry, how do you live with such a life limiting condition, it makes you so unhappy that its very hard to come to terms with. Thanks for the replies :wave:
matthensley
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:48 pm

:wave: :wave: Nick

I'm sorry to read what you're currently going thru. It is difficult to work out which of the various things that come first, so these days I don't try to guess or find out. Instead I take each day as it comes, and even each part of the day as it comes, and deal with whatever happens as best as I can. Some days and times are slightly better than others, but as that is a part of FM, I just take it all as being part of my condition.

I can understand you feeling so fearful of upcoming things, as I was very much like that and ended up having therapy as a result of it. Altho I'm far from being right, and do have times when I start to really fret about what is and could be happening in the future, I try not to dwell too much on future events as They are things that I cannot control fully. I can plan and prepare as much as possible, but fretting about what could happen just causes more stress, which in turn cause more pain and flares. Things will happen regardless of what we think and do, so just going with the flow and trying to make the best of whatever happens is the best way I've found to manage these times.

Have you asked your GP about potential alternatives to amitriptyline, seeing as you've said that the meds helped you get out of the house?? I've heard others say the Wales has poor provisions where the NHS is concerned, and that a lot of services are very poor when they do actually manage to get access :facepalm: :facepalm: Your GP needs to be aware of how you're thinking and feeling in case anything happens and there is a chance that you could be seen earlier.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi Nick :fingerscrossed: for your appointment, sometimes it helps to look at this condition as life changing not life limiting. We need to look at the positives (even when they are very hard to find!!) and change direction the goals we had just need adjusting and we can always set new ones.

I know what I want to say but I dont think I'm managing to make things very clear, cotton wool head today.

I'll repost later :(
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby estweyn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Bless you Nick, I know where you are coming from, I am a stress head too, its part of the complaint I reckon. Stress makes me worse and the doctors generally do nothing but give stress so its a no win situation. :yikes: At least on the forum you can share and people seem very willing to try and help on here. I cant take amitrypiline either, makes me soooo hung over but doctor disregards that and says its the only med. :swear1: However just been to rheumy (finally) and he says there are alternatives, will let you know when I get to know myself. Pain management is poor here too, unless you have a life threatening disease they aint bothered. However I believe this is life threatening, when you are in constant pain it sometimes doesnt seem worth it. But it is. Life is always worth it. You take care and good luck. :goodluck1:
estweyn
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:50 pm

estweyn wrote: At least on the forum you can share and people seem very willing to try and help on here. I cant take amitrypiline either, makes me soooo hung over but doctor disregards that and says its the only med. :swear1: However just been to rheumy (finally) and he says there are alternatives, will let you know when I get to know myself.

If there's something in our experiences that may help someone else, then we gladly share what we have found. We try to support and help each other as best we can with all that FM brings with it as well.

Amitriptyline isn't the only med used for FM, there are others to try in various combinations to try and get things under control. This linky tells you about them http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspxIf your GP still insists there is only the one med, suggest that they look at the NHS Choices pages about FM. If they still say there's only the one, then it might be worth seeing a different GP :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 am

Hi Nick :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby matthensley » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:21 pm

thaks everyone i will try and get help when i have my appointment with the mental health team. Im just realy tird all the time now so dont feel able to do much.thanks again
matthensley
UKFM Newbie

Postby steve3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Wishing you the best.
SteveT :penguin:
----
Dyslexic Bipolar Aspie. Having 'Fun' trying to decipher the universe every day... and then no energy to actually do it. FMS squared.

Carpe Diem: A jewel encrusted fish!
steve3
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello