Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby Becky-Lou » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi Guys - Just wanted to introduce myself...

I'm Becky and have been a sufferer of FM for the past couple of years now. I was fortunate to get a formal diagnosis after around 6 months of seriously suffering (I've had symptoms since I was a child). Now I'm coping, on medication, working, and keeping myself fit. It can be tough at times, but, in my opinion, as long as you don't loose focus of the things you wanted before you fell ill, that can keep you going.

I know there are lot worse people out there than me- but believe me I've had my fair share of bad luck. Since I was 6, I've had multiple major surgeries on my leg to lengthen and straighten it, and was in and out of a wheelchair, and I'm about to undertake some more corrective treatment- so I'm no stranger to disability.

But yes- I just wanted to say hello, and show any young sufferers, that it doesn't always have to be so bad. A year ago, I would have said otherwise, but once you get into more of a routine and get used to the oiks, life can go on :)!

Anyway - I have more of a question that I want to ask people about whiplash and FM (not as a cause of FM, but about it when you already have FM...) Will post a proper thing in the right section though :)!

Speak soon! x
Becky-Lou
UKFM Member

Re: Hello!

Postby loubie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 pm

hi becky-lou
welcome to the forum :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi Becky-lou and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 pm

:welcome: to the forum Becky-lou :wave: :wave:

Hope we can help you with some answers to your whiplash question :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 am

:welcome: to the forum Becky :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello