Hello all

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello all

Postby Normal4Norfolk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:19 am

Hello everyone just popping in to introduce myself :wave: .
I am a newbi here and have been diagnosed with Fibro for three months now after a year of tests. I appologise if this post is a bit doom and gloom but have been feeling so bad at the moment and I dont talk about it too much with family.
You know what its like complain to many times and the sympathy soon disapears.

I can generally cope with the pain, battle through, its the attitude of doctors that gets me down. I chose my name as this (N4N) Normal4Norfolk started appearring in doctors notes at the hospital around 10 years ago and just shows the attitude of the doctors in Norfolk.
Even the Rheumy that diagnosed me said he didnt beleive in fibro and that it had become an epidemic in recent years probably due to stress. At least he was honest though every GP I have seen recently just looks at you in that way that only fibro sufferers can relate to.

Whats worse is I have to go back and see these people again.
I am getting so much pelvic pain and with research I think I may have endometriosis. The reason I have researched is I hate going to the doctors so much I wont go unless I am absolutly certain I cant sort it out myself.

I am so sorry for such a gloomy introduction just feeling very down at the moment.
I will try to make my next post a bit more cheerful :lol:
Normal4Norfolk
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello all

Postby shazq » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:13 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

There is a lot of support and info on the forum, any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi N4N and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby boomermctea » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi N4N,

Sorry you are feeling this way, I can't beleive your doctors would be like that, luckily enough there is one GP at our practice that is human :woot:

Even though I have a good doctor and a very supportive family it is still a horrible thing this Fibro, you will find though on this site you are amongst friends :flowers: :flowers:
Boomer
boomermctea
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum N4N :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear about your experiences with doctors, unfortunately a lot of us have had similar experiences with these dinosaurs :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is a lot of advice and things on here, and if you want to know about anything, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with an answer, so long as you don't mind an occasional bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Normal4Norfolk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Thank you for the lovely welcomes :) I look forward to delving deeper into the site and getting to know everyone.
Normal4Norfolk
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello