Hi, I am New :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, I am New :)

Postby ladynat4576 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi

Well I am a newbie :)

A bit of background - basically think I have had Fibro for quite a number of years due to weird symptoms including pain in different areas of my body but nobody joining the dots including me :dunno:

I was only really diagnosed when my Mum gave me a leaflet from her pain clinic linked to her Rhuemy that she has. Apparently if you have Rhuemy you can have Fibro so I was reading the leaflet and realised it was describing me :crazy:

I saw my doc who confirmed that I have very tender pressure points and basically told me to exercise....swimming is good apparently :roll:

So I am on no meds but having massive problems with my neck which is very tender and am exhausted all the time, so think it is time I went to see someone to discuss things.

I hope to pick up some hints and help on this forum to help me on this journey :fingerscrossed:
ladynat4576
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, I am New :)

Postby denys » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:06 am

Hi Ladynat and :welcome: to the forum, swimming is good for fibro but only in a temperature stable environment, the water has to be warm as cold water can cause a flare :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum ladynat :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully there will be something that helps you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Like denys has said, swimming can be beneficial, but the water does need to be warm for you to get the best out of it. Have you asked your GP about the possibility of a referral for hydrotherapy??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum ladynat. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello