[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello Ladies and Gents

Hello Ladies and Gents

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Ladies and Gents

Postby Twins Mum » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi everyone
My name is Jules, I am 46, married and you would never have guessed I have twins lol Identical twin girls who are 12 One huge German Sheppard called Bruce who is eight today, four puss cats, two RSPCA cats and two out and out strays who found me and some fishies!!

I got my dx of Fibromyalgia last week from the Rhuemy. I also have systemic Lupus, positive Rhuematoid Factor, Urticaria Vasculitis, Raynaud’s Syndrome and I am sun sensitive. Lordy if I was a dog I would have been put down by now!!!

I am just feeling pretty lost with it all now and the lack of support at home is a big issue, my girls have ADHD traits so things are not easy (sorry for moaning so much on my first hello) but my girls are my world. It just seems here for me no one understands or even wants to try and begin to understand how things are for me they are more interested in what I can do for them. There was a time when I could do six things at once, have three in the pipeline and a few on hold and never forget a thing even though not one thing was written down as a reminder. Right now I seem to struggle as to what was said to me two mins since. So glad I have found this forum so maybe I can make more sense on why I am feeling like I do.

I hope everyone is not feeling too bad today :grouphug:

Jules
x
Twins Mum
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello Ladies and Gents

Postby loubie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 pm

hi jules :wave:
welcome to the mad house :lol:

fibro is very hard to understand even for us
and you have so much more going on too :yikes:
just take one day at a time and be nice to yourself :hugs:
you did not ask for all this :(

happy birthday to whoopher :cake: [chocolate]

good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 am

:welcome: to the forum and the wonderful world of FM, Jules :wave: :wave:

How you're feeling at the moment is fairly normal after you're told you have FM. At first there is a bit of relief that it has a name, unfortunately that is replaced very quickly with how you are now, lost, worried, scared and any other you'd like to insert. It's the realisation of what FM is and the concerns about how it is going to change things :facepalm: :facepalm:

Now you've found us, you're not lone with it. There is a lot of advice and info on here, if you have a look thru, you might find some ueful suggestions. And if there's anything you want to know, just ak and we'll try to help you with it.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am

DeeDee my daft doglet sends waggy barkday snuzzles to Bruce, and a reminder to you that Bruce needs sqoziges for barkday tea :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Twins Mum » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am

Thank you for the lovely warm :welcome: My middle name is mad so I hoping I fit into the mad house :dogchasecat1:

Seriously though thank you both so much

Jules
XXX
Twins Mum
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:13 am

Even the smallest mention of mad means you fit in well here :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: It helps to cope with other stuff we have to deal with, as well as [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: being the answer to most things :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jules :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello