[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to this Forum

New to this Forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to this Forum

Postby Livefortheday » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Hello everyone :wave:

I have been diagnosed with RA and been under a variety of consultants since the age of 5, I am now 43.

I am sero negative and luckily have little bone damage.

6 months ago, after an MRI, I was told I have osteoarthritis with cysts and Tenosynovitis.

Last week i was told they don't believe I have RA but Fibromyalgia!

Anyways, hi all from a person who is totally and utterly confused :? but still living day to day with the same progressively worse symptoms I have had all my life. Whats in a name :crazy:
Livefortheday
UKFM Member

Re: New to this Forum

Postby loubie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 pm

hi :wave:

:welcome: :welcome:
good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:22 am

:welcome: to the place for those of us who are totally and utterly confused :wave: :wave: :wave:

Whatever it is that has been causing you all your problems, I really hope you can get a definitive dx for it, and something that will help ease/control things for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I know from my own experiences how frustrating and upsetting it is to be told you have a particular problem, but then find out it's something different :facepalm: :facepalm:

While you're waiting to see which condition is pulled out of the hat, stick with us :hugs: :hugs: We do our best to support each other, and with all the advice on here, you might find some useful suggestions to try.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Livefortheday » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:03 am

Thought I might add a bit about past treatments:

Steroid injections/tablets
Lefludimine
Methotrexate injections/tablets
Enbrel
Humira
Many others but forgotten their names.

Am currently on pain medication only:
30/500 co-codamol
5mg pain patch worn permanently and changed once a week.
Arcoxia 90mg daily
20mg Citalipram daily.

Still in near permanent pain even with all of the above, however have discovered a couple of vodkas takes your mind of it ha ha :wine:
Livefortheday
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 am

Hi Livefortheday and :welcome: to the forum glad to have you with us :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:33 am

:welcome: to the forum Livefortheday :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello