Hi Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Everyone

Postby Loobizaz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi Everyone

My GP said that he thinks I may have FM - I have been going to see him on and off with dizziness and burning/tingling sensations, mainly in my right foot/lower leg - but also in other places.
(I did have surgery on a prolapsed disc in January, but the residual numbness/tingling had resolved from this, and it does not explain burining eyebrows, side of nose etc!)

I have Psoriatic Arthritis and thought I was having a flare, due to tendon pain, pain in hands, wrists, elbows, knees, feet etc - but now I'm just not sure. The doctor said there is no point refering me back to the rheumy because I am not prepared to take the serious meds (MTX etc).

I have reactions/major side effects to just about everything I'm given! I have just stopped taking Amitriptyline as I was in a constant sleepy state, and it made the peripheral neuropathy worse! I am taking Betahistine for the dizziness now, but I am getting some serious chest pain with the indigestion it causes.
I was taking Diclofenac for the joint/tendon pain, but my stomach just cannot cope at the moment - even with the Lansoprazole to help!!

I have also been making some stupid (costly) mistakes at work, like booking people into hotels for the wrong night, and ordering more of stuff than I thought I had/intended to. I have lost the ability to spell - constantly having to delete and retype stuff. I keep forgetting words. I feel tired all the time, even though I sleep all night. I have not mentioned this stuff to the doc, as I think he already thinks I'm making my symptoms up!

I also have the light/loud noise/smell sensitivity that seems to be a symptom of FM - I thought these were down to migraine issues, even though I constantly have a problem with them. I cannot drive without sunglasses even if it is raining, loud noises and people talking/laughing loudly around me can be unbearable. I do not use scented aerosols, air freshners etc as I am very chemical sensitive. Some perfumes trigger migraine for me.

My burning skin patches/tingling only lasts 10 mins or so and moves about - is this a symptom of FM? Because the doc thinks it's bizarre and can offer no explanation........
His best explanation for the dizziness was that it could be down to basillar migraine and the other doc told me that all these little things are just part of getting old....... at 36!! I probably have hypochondriac written all over my notes :(

So now he is saying it might be FM, and to 'watch this space' - which I think he means see how things develop..... I dont know if I should request a referal back to the rheumy to see what he thinks?

Sorry for the long post - seem to have gotten carried away with trying to explain things! :oops:

Dx - Migraine, Reynauds, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Gilberts Syndrome, Degenerative disc disease L4:L5 & L5:S1, Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Loobizaz
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby loubie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:29 pm

hi loobizaz :wave:
welcome to the nut house :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the answer to the burning pain and the moving about is yes, we get lots of burning.
and we have pain that just moves around as well :roll:

i think if i was you, i would ask to see a rheumatologist.
make a list of all symptoms and take it with you.

i was on diclofenac they are not good for your tummy are they :yikes:

good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:42 pm

:welcome: to the forum Loobizaz :wave: :wave:

I'm with loubie about things being itchy, burning and hurting, as well as moving around :facepalm: :facepalm: It might be worth going back to see the rheumy, just to be sure about things. :cup1: :cup1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

Hi Loobizaz and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:30 am

:welcome: to the forum loobizaz :wave:

If your GP diagnoses Fibro then its not really worth seeing a Rheumy, but if he is holding back on giving you answers then yes ask to be referred to get an answer.
What normally happens is when the Rheumy gives you a DX of Fibro they discharge you back into the care of your GP but more GP`s are DX patients themselves now skipping out Rheumys.

:goodluck1: hope you get some answers soon. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Loobizaz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Thank you for your replies - I think I will start noting down all my symptoms over the next couple of weeks and then go back to the GP to see what he says - he is obviously not too clued up on FM or he would have thought that was an explanation for the burning patches coming and going/moving around :roll:

This seems like a good place for friendly advice - thanks guys :D
Loobizaz
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:32 pm

its always good to record how you are on a day to day basis and take it with you when you go to visit the doc :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello