[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello im a newbie and just wanted sum advice please

hello im a newbie and just wanted sum advice please

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello im a newbie and just wanted sum advice please

Postby debs30 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:05 pm

hi i've finally been diagnosed with fibro after years of complaining about aches and pains. i'm 30 and have two kids and a partner but i feel like an old women because i ache so much. all my body just seizes up and i'm having problems with my wrists it keeps seizing on me and the pain in it is so bad so i have to go for physio on it, just waiting for an appointment.

the doctor put me on amiltrptaline a few months ago for the pain but i never took them as i read the side effects about affecting the heart (i have anxietys about my heart) but i went again to see him the other day and i said i''d try them. i've not took 1 yet tho.

I just wanted to know what kind of symptoms other people got with fibro and whether they are the same as my symptoms as I don't know anyone with this illness. i get pains in my chest and down my arms, my body is really sensitive to touch and everywhere hurts. i get a lot of pins and needles,i shake inside and you can see my hands shaking with it. i feel dizzy and not here most of the time,i have no patience, i feel so ill in a morning and struggle to get out of bed. I cant sleep at night and when i finally dose off at 6 am i'm in bed til 2 oclock and when i get up i feel like i havent slept. i have horrific nightmares mostly about death and demons,and i get a horrible lethargic feeling where i cant even be bothered to breath and my heart pounds so hard i just need to sleep. i cant look after my children when i have this and it is so scarey,just wondered if any young people felt the same as this and is it usual for people in their 20s to get this.

Thank you for reading x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into smaller paragraphs for easier reading.
debs30
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello im a newbie and just wanted sum advice please

Postby tonydin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:57 pm

hi im 59 now but had all of this in my early twentys ,, yes every thing you mentioned , buit was told it was anxiety .

got better athtough back pain persisted ,, at 46 al hell broke loose and it all came back worse , now at 59 with dx of fibro a year ago its mostley pian all over and a few other things .

so i cant tell you why it imoproved or why it kicked back in but thats the mystery of fibro im afriad

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:02 pm

:welcome: to the forum debs :wave: :wave:

I've split your post up a bit to make it easier to read as a lot of us on here struggle with trying to read large blocks of text :D :D

I have a lot of the things you've mentioned, they are typical FM symptoms that we all seem to share :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll find some of it helpful :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

With you having sleep problems, it might be worth trying the amitriptyline as it can help with pain and sleep. All meds can cause potential side effects, but it doesn't mean they will affect you.

As to whether it is usual for those in their 20s to have FM, FM doesn't mind what age you are :facepalm: :facepalm: If it's decided you're going to be part of the fibro club, it'll make you a member :shock: :shock: :shock:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi Debs and :welcome: to the forum, I'm not going to repeat what the others have said but I agree completely with them :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello