[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Muckypaws » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi all

I've not yet been diagnosed :( waiting on results etc but I'm 100% sure I'm a fellow sufferer

I have many of the symptoms and have had IBS for a number of years.

It seems to have crept up on me over the last 2 yrs I've gone from thinking I'm pre meno to thinking why am I always feeling ill to my husband saying if I didn't go to docs he would drag me ..... So looking back I've prob been struggling along thinking I'm just getting old ha ha (42)

I had a terrifiying incident where I literally could not walk one morning, I was so frightened that I think i had a panic attack too, once I had calmed down I told my work I had flu took loads of pain killers and I just slept all day ! Hubby went nuts

Anyway of to docs I went .....had a cry told him what had been going on and he said we had a number of other nasties to rule out but thinks I may have fibro.? I haven't told anyone yet as I don't want to worry them.

Obviously I googled everything doc said Stupid idea!..... Had another sob ..... Symptoms have rapidly come on in past month , poor sleep, exhaustion . Constant pain in feet hands...permanently feeling flu like...migraines ....severe buttock pain what's that all about .... Stomach probs acid and a horrible feeling like I have a steak pudding stuck under my ribs and my skin feels like its crawling etc etc etc

So now I'm trying not to worry to much ..... but I am frightened of another incident happening ... Sorry I've babbled on a bit I just want to know what's up with me and then I can concentrate on what I need to do ... This limbo feeling is awful :(

Kath x
Muckypaws
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby boomermctea » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:50 am

Hi MuckyPaws, :welcome:

Yes the long trawl of trying to get a diagnosis. I had been feeling ill for years, really started to think that I was a hypochondriac, the pain, over whelming tiredness, fog and generally feeling unwell. :puke: :puke:

It's awful when your in limbo like you say, you do start to wonder if you are going mad :crazy:

I had loads of blood tests and xrays, and was eventually sent to a Rheumatologist (after a 3month wait). Thank God my GP gave me Tramadol while I was waiting. I was at the Rheumatologist for about 30 mins, he asked me a few questions poked in in all the painful spots and then said yes you have fibromyalgia, he gave we several web site addresses and sent me on my way. :shock:

That was 3 months ago, I have this week (Monday to be precise) gone to my GP to have a reveiw of my meds, he has now put me on Amitriptyline, so keeping I'm keeping everything crossed and hopefully these will ease everything a bit. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
boomermctea
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 pm

:welcome: to the forum muckypaws :wave:

:fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon. :hugs:
any questions just ask, there is lots of info and support on here. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:11 pm

:wave: :wave: muckypaws (Love the name, is it doglet related??) :welcome: to the potentially wacky world of FM :dogrun1:

We've all done the Googling of symptoms, and it does make you feel :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: when you see what various symptoms can mean :facepalm: :facepalm: Hopefully tho, your tests will start giving you some answers to what is the cause of yours :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

While you're waiting to find things out, have a look round here. As shaz has already said, there is a lot of info and advice, and you might come across some suggestions that help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I know it's difficult not to worry about what could be happening, and LimboLand is a frustrating place to be in :facepalm: :facepalm: Hopefully you'll get some answers soon, then you can make a start on finding what helps and makes a difference to you :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Muckypaws » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Thank guys it's nice to no I'm not on my own

I'm afraid my name is cat related :cat2:

Had a bad day today but I'm at the docs tomoz so hopefully he can give me something better to help the pain
Muckypaws
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi Kath and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:10 pm

hi kath welcome to the :crazy: house :lol: :lol:

good to have you with us :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:39 am

hi , :wave: :wave: :welcome:

:sleep: :sleep:

takl soon feeling abit. :crazy:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:37 pm

You're definitely not alone now you've found us :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: When I see your screen name, I'm now expecting to see cat prints all over the screen, like we get on our car after our neighbours cats have been on it :facepalm: :facepalm: :crazy: :crazy:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Muckypaws » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:15 pm

Well bloods are back?.

No RF

CRP 33

High White cell

All else clear

Anyone got a clue ha ha doc recons high CRP rules out fibro?..

Got chest X-ray Monday ? and appointment for rhuematologist on 13 th Oct which is good but apparently we have a good centre in Bolton

Still feel rubbish (cleanest thing I could say)

Least doc seems to be keen in finding my prob
Muckypaws
UKFM Member

Hello

Postby Bobbi08 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi,

Good news the doc wants to carry on looking for answers x

Think it means inflammation but don't quote me, body is showing inflammation it's a case of probably doing more in-depth blood tests to find the cause.

Good luck xx
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi muckypaws

Fibro doesn't show up in any blood tests so dont understand why your GP is ruling out fibro on high CPR readings? :dunno:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Muckypaws » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Muckypaws
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 pm

It is still possible to have FM as well as having something that can cause inflammation Kath. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Muckypaws » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Muckypaws
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello