hello everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello everyone

Postby fabshaun » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:49 pm

hi folks,
my name is shaun,
ive been diagnosed with this mad syndrome for 13 years, and ive had just had about every condition ( i think) that you can have ,muscle pain,burning,itching,ibs,pain in my eyes,ears,face,throat,light sensitivity,noise sensitivity, probs with strong smells esp in a morning for some bizarre reason, horrible muscus in throat again in a morning (yuk), GORD,mood swings-no good! and fatigue.

most of the time these problems are just annoying and a lot of the times im ok or just used to it/increased tolerance maybe. So its good to find a site where i can relate to these mad things that are un noticable to the outsider but common to us. ive tried most things apart from prescribed drugs, because im trying not to use these if poss, so im on herbal medications and just trying Guaifensin, ive read the pros and cons so just giving it a go (2nd day).

cheers

Shaun
fabshaun
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello everyone

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum shaun :wave: :wave:

I think between us all on here, we can relate to all the rubbish that comes with FM :facepalm: :facepalm: I think over time, even tho the symptoms are so :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: they just become a part of us and slowly erase any memories of life we had pre-FM :evil: :evil:

I've read a little about Guaifensin and FM, it seems to have a mix of thoughts about it's effectiveness, but like anything to do with FM, you never know what will make a difference unless you try it, so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you get some benefit from it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi Shaun and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:21 pm

hi shaun :wave:
welcome to the madness that is fibro :yikes:

good to have you with us :wave: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:57 am

:welcome: to the forum Shaun :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:33 am

hi shaun, :wave:

well you learn something new everyday.

i have had a mucous throat for the past week and put it down to fighting off a sore throat as this is only my 2nd winter. i also had a pain just along my ribs and top of chest on one side put down to the costo.

will also look u pther alternate remedies you have suggested.

nice to meet you.
:wave: :wave: :twodrinking2:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby fabshaun » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:22 pm

HI ALl,

thanks for reading my post!

just a quick update..day 3 on Guai..took my dose this morning,(7am) before work, felt bad about an hour later.infact felt like all my symptoms were coming back, dont know it this is the Guai or just a lttle flare up, did feel better later this morning, also bought some magnesium at dinner time so trying that also.. so i,ll see. oh and yeah, the mucos throat..v unpleasant, dont know if its Gord,post nasal drip, fms..poss all of it..its all guesswork and trial and error isnt it!

shaun x
fabshaun
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello