[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Work And The Stress It Is Causing

Work And The Stress It Is Causing

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Work And The Stress It Is Causing

Postby sharon28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Gosh!!!! Reading your story has made me feel incredibly guilty. So sorry for you. I have recently been diagnosed and am just going into my 5th week of being signed off work. Maybe i am being weak willed but don't feel able to return to work at the moment if ever :( .

I work as a community support worker with individuals suffering from enduring mental health problems. Most of these individuals have just been released from secure psychiatric units. I work on a 1:1 basis with each client, sometimes up to 10hrs per day. It's a tough job especially when you have to deal with a crisis. Its been mentally draining. Looking back i really don't know how i did it. My weakness now comes from the feeling that i can't handle the stress involved with my job. Worrying that someone may take thier life is horrid. I'd often stay longer if i was concerned. I can't do it, yet i love working in mental health. It was a very lonely job as i was left to get on with it and just given advice by phone, with an occassional visit from an RMN.

My partner has been an absolute gem. So supportive and doesn't want me to return to work. i think he knows realistically i'm not fit to work. I feel so guilty. We now face financial hardship, which is a huge guilt trip for me :x . feeling its all my fault. Yet dispite this he is adament my needs come first. Bless him. the route to solve our impending finance problems isn't ideal but we have a house and children, so we will do what we need to do. Hopefully in time in can get a part time job. doing what? i don't know :dunno:

So sorry to ramble, lol. I really hope things do get sorted for you.

Sharon :cup1:
sharon28
UKFM Member

Work And The Stress It Is Causing

Postby steve3 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi Rodders,
Not sure what to say, only your not alone. :-)

I was off for 2 months over the summer after a complete stress out, and I'm just getting myself back together, and if it wasnt for the good work environment and caring boss that I've got, I'd have probably found a way to quit or stay off much longer, but I'm one of those fortunates who's got a job they really enjoy, despite the stress, but I needed to get back to work just for my sanity as well. Fortunately, work has made some adjustments for me, so despite my daily problems, I feel like I'm having some normality at least.
One of the adjustments which has helped, is working from home on a very flexible basis, but some days just feel like an ongoing nightmare which seems like a day stretched over a week, a day that never seems to end.
Longer term, I'm probably going to have to look at shorter hours, but for now, I've managed to find a balance of sorts.

I hope your bosses see past their shortsightedness, etc, and you can find a balance which works for you.
SteveT :penguin:
----
Dyslexic Bipolar Aspie. Having 'Fun' trying to decipher the universe every day... and then no energy to actually do it. FMS squared.

Carpe Diem: A jewel encrusted fish!
steve3
UKFM Member

Postby Ninette » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi Martin, so sorry to read of your awful predicament at work and that the stress is exacerbating your symptoms. There's nothing like stress for taking most of one's energy. Considering the brain uses 80% of the body's energy, it's no wonder you're feeling a whole lot worse.

I may be too late to add to the discussion, but I just wanted to suggest an excellent on-line Barrister called Ben Jones (an expert in Employment issues) on the UK part of the Law website called Justanswer.com . My daughter used Ben's services recently (I think she paid this site about £30 for him to answer an in depth query re Employment rights and he was very informative and thorough. It's easy to register on the Justanswer.com site in Law Employment section.

Another excellent service, but 'free' , is the Disabillity Law Service, although I think you might have to be on DLA for the Lawyers to phone you back (when convenient) for a telephone consultation.

All the very best to you and I hope you resolve your problems soon and rest to get better again, Ninette
Ninette
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Not sure what is happening with the original problem Ninette as we haven't had any recent updates.

We do have a solicitor with his own board on here who provides info and guidance for anyone who posts on there. He is experienced in dealing with matters where FM is involved, hence his association with the forum.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello