Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby claire666 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:18 am

hi i'm claire
was told 3 weeks ago i have fibro...joined this page the other week and have read all different post diet,sleep, benefits,medication ....i'm even more confused then ever :crazy: i'm 36 married 1 daughter 2dogs 3 horses ...supposedly full time work at present signed off...anyhow wanting to make friends with folk who are on the same planet as me have been checking support grops in my area and the closest is 40 odd miles away at the mo finding it uncomfortable driving so....having a good day today :D and was thinking hey maybe should start a group here near hometown ...lol then blank...anyhow enuff of me chat soon xx
claire666
UKFM Newbie

Re: newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:28 am

:wave: :wave: Claire :welcome: to the forum :cup1: :cup1:

I've split your post off from the one you originally made it on so it doesn't get mixed up and lost in replies to it 8) 8)

Have you tried putting the town/area you live in and fibromyalgia into something like Google to see if there is anything in your area, as sometimes, altho there isn't an FM support group, there could be a chronic pain group or an CFS/ME/FM group that you could contact :dunno: :dunno:

If there's anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it. There is a lot of advice and info on here, and we try to support each other as well, hopefully you'll find some useful suggestions on here :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum Claire :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:18 am

hi claire,

although its probably difficult i hope you get some pleasure from at least having yoru horses/dog to take you mind off this condition.

we have a house full of little animals, cats, dog, gps, hamster and i like to just sit and watch the guinea pigs scurry around and take my mind off the pain and discomfort.

:wave: :wave: :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi Claire and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello