Hi everyone newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everyone newbie

Postby disco dancing kar » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi everyone my names karen i am 46 and have had ME for 20 years and fibro for 2 years.I have reading your topics in forum for weeks and decided to say hello :wave: .I was diagnosed a year a go with my docs but they did not know what to do with me.I was put on all tabs,untill they went down the morphine road,then because the morphine knocked out everything they said i was better and took me off all tabs.Then week by week the pain,spasms in neck and back got worse and worse.Igot fed up with me getting no where as usual,I was left £500 pounds by a friend i decided to go to the pain clinic in Bristol,I was happy to be diagnosed, he gave me, injections and Gabapentin for spasms.I thought i would feel better after seeing him but realised he was giving me no support,just taking my money for 5 minutes of his time and not answering any quesions that i had, don,t get me wrong he tried to make it cheaper for me, but i was one of many patients who he forgot my name.Sorry to go on. I just got fed up with no one listerning, that i wrote a letter to my docs,one nice one who hands were tied,telling him how i felt,the no support,the other problems like water ones,trying to help my family and my mum,who lives round the corner with artirtis and generally feeling let down.He was very nice, i took mum in law for back up,as she nows how i feel,He said he wanted some more bloods and he would send me to rhemy.Well sorry for the moan,thanks for listerning i been kept going by all you, bodys had enough this few weeks,need a new one,i better get off my sons computer before he gets home bye thanks kar.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Re: Hi everyone newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 pm

:welcome: to the forum Karen.

Hope you dont have to wait to long before you see the Rheumy. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby disco dancing kar » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi Shazq thanks for the welcome.Here more in the coming weeks from docs. :fingerscrossed:
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:35 pm

:welcome: to the forum Karen :wave: :wave:

Don't worry about having a moan with us, a lot of us have had unhelpful experiences in trying to find out why we feel like we do, so you're not on your own :hugs: :hugs:

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your rheumy appt :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: While you're waiting tho, come on here and play with us, altho we can't really stop the pain, we can send you a bit more :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, and we'll try to help you find an answer :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby disco dancing kar » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks fluppy Puffy nice to here from others and know that you can speak about everything. :wave:
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi Karen and :welcome: to the forum sometimes you feel like :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: their heads together its the support we need so desperately so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for some decent treatment for you following your rhuemy appointment :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby disco dancing kar » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi denys thanks. hopefully sort something out this week or next with docs,as long as i got my :cup1: and biscuits and mad lot at home il be ok :D
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello