[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - not diagnosed need help

not diagnosed need help

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

not diagnosed need help

Postby shirleyburgler » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi i am new on here, but have come on here in hope for some help, i am 35 and have always suffered with pain in my knees and also disturbed sleep pattern. Physio told me my muscles in the top of my legs are very weak. The story is i have put together a pattern of symptoms, for example when i am suffering very disturbed nights i wake between 2 and 4 and although i cant go back off i am shattered. I also suffer from major migraines during this time and my body aches all over, all day. i simply fill drained, i wen tto doctors today ( not normal doc) but he said because i dont suffer all the time it cant be fybro, however my muscles ache all the time but i do have breaks in my sleep and migraines. He said if it was fybro i'd be in pain all the time. Is this normal? i also suffer ibsbut have it under control most of the time, i suffer painful skin, i am very sensative to heat - hence suffering in this sudden heatwave. I need some advice. The doctor has sen tme for thyriod, liver, glucose tests, but i am suffering at mo with lack of sleep living on red bull just to get me though day. I did ring back to ask for help as i felt he didnt listen and i need some sleep - got to ring back after 5.30.
Would love to hear from you x :lol:
shirleyburgler
UKFM Newbie

Re: not diagnosed need help

Postby Azz » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:09 pm

So sorry that you are having difficulty in getting to the bottom of your symptoms, I can only speak for myself but I am in pain all the time, it never goes away, however I do have good and bad days depending on the amount of activity I have done or sleep I have had. I never feel truly restful as I find it difficult to sleep due to the pain.

Once your results are back I am sure your doctor will have more of an idea of what is going on. You need to be careful of red bull as it gives you a rush of energy but then dips really quickly making you feel worse. My daughter is now addicted to the stuff and finds it difficult to get off it.

I keep my :fingerscrossed: that your doctor is able to find out what it is that is wrong with you soon :)
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:32 pm

:welcome: to the forum shirley :wave: :wave:

I'm sorry to hear what you're going thru at the moment :hugs: :hugs:

With you saying it wasn't your usual GP, I think you need to make another appt to go and see the one you normally see, explain all your symptoms etc and why you think it could be FM that is causing your problems.

A lot of the things you've described could be due to FM, but they could also be due to one of several other possible conditions that shares a lot of things with FM. The only way to know for definite is to have tests done to see if what shows up. A dx of FM is usually given after these other have been ruled out as the reason.

In the mean time, have a look around on here, you might find some suggestions that could help with the pain and things :D :D

I moved your post into here as you'll probably get more hits with it being your intro post :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:57 pm

:welcome: Shirley

Fibro can mimic other conditions and it doesn't show up on any tests so it can take a while to get dx as other tests need to be ruled out first.

With me the pain is there 24/7 on a good day for me i still have lots of pain but might have slightly more energy but on a bad day i might not be able to do anything but the pain is always there, it might move to different places but i am never pain free.

Like the others have said i would go back to see your normal GP and get them to do some tests to rule out other things and for you to get some answers. Ask to be refered to a Rheumy. :goodluck1: Hope you get some answers soon. :goodluck1:

In the mean time have a good read around the forum and see if you have any other symptoms, write them all down and show them to you GP.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi SHirley and :welcome: to the forum, I agree with the others so wont repeat everything you have already been told, :fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello