hi all,i'm new here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi all,i'm new here

Postby bigbird » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:42 pm

hi,i've been reading everyone elses story so i thought i should post mine. my background is that i am 37,no kids and living with partner. health background is i was diagnosed with pernicious anamia and high blood pressure at 29 i subsequently developed raynauds syndrome so have a bit of mobility difficulty with feet.

then had one ovary removed 2 years ago and 2 more surgeries for endometriosis which is still really bad i have terrible pelvic pain constantly.had treatment for that including injections and hrt and all that jazz.

last year i lost my lovely mum which i took really bad and still have trouble dealing with the loss.not long after i started getting pain in my knees and not being able to sleep,things have got progressively worse and i am now in constant pain all over accompanied with terrible fatigue,exhaustion etc.the new thing is a crushing headache. doctor has said he is 99% sure i have FM.have been referred to rhumatology,all blood tests are good,am still attending gynae obviously for my other problems.

am taking declofenac,am literally eating tramacet which is the only painkiller that works at all.tried amitriptiline to no avail,pregablin just mad me put on loads of weight and even more tired.i use butrans patches,have been now for a couple of months.yesterday doc gave me prescription for mirtazapine as i am getting so down.

i don't work,am in receipt of dla for the raynauds but i feel so guilty and useless i feel like i should be out and about and contributing,i was always a really hard worker having been a reatil manager before all this started.yet i know that i realistically could;nt as i takes me all day just to tidy up the house i have to sit dow so many times.

i really hate going out and doing stuff it takes so long to recover.i used to be a keen motorcycle enthusiast along with partner but even going out on the bike is so painful with my knees.

wondering if any of my other ongoing ailments could be connected to the FM?
so sorry for the long rant!
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer
bigbird
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi all,i'm new here

Postby Azz » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Hello there and welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and of your poor ill health. :hugs:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:54 pm

:welcome: to the forum bigbird :wave: :wave:

I'm sorry to hear what you've been going thru, what with the loss of your mum and these awful symptoms starting to appear :hugs: :hugs: I've made the paragraphs in your post a bit clearer as a lot of us on here struggle to read a large block of text, with smaller blocks we have a better chance of remembering what has been said :facepalm: :facepalm:

A lot of us have had and/or have similar thoughts and feelings like you're experiencing at the moment, feeling useless and things would be better if we were working, as well as the guilt jumping in as well :facepalm: :facepalm:

While you're waiting to be diagnosed, have a look thru things on here as there is a lot of info and advice, you may even find some suggestions to help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: And if there is anything you want to know, we'll try to help you with it :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello bigbird :welcome: to the forum :wave:

Sorry to hear about your mum :hugs: there is lots of info on the fibro, it will take a time to get your head around it.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Bigbird and :welcome: to the forum, so sorry to hear about your mum, look forward to getting to know you :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bigbird » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi everyone and thank you so much for such a nice welcome. :D
bigbird
UKFM Newbie

Postby bigbird » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 pm

just a quick update,went to rhumatology today and defo have fibro.consultant was really lovely and of course true to form i cried like a baby.have never experienced such pain when she was doing the pressure points am still in agony hours later and then fell down the stairs earlier :cry:
so sending me for a full bone scan just to double check for anything else,got loads of blood taken and a chest xray too.such a relief to actually get diagnosis and to see someone so nice though.will just have to see how she suggests the pain is managed now as nothing is working at all.so thats where i'm at now...
bigbird
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi
Glad you got some answers but sorry its fibro. :hugs: Hope your alright after your fall down the stairs. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Glad you can finally put a name to the horribleness you've been experiencing. Hopefully you'll find that magic recipe of things to make things so much more comfortable for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ribbons » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi and welcome, glad to hear you got a diagnosis, hopefully they will sort your pain out too, sorry to hear about your fall down the stairs :hugs:
ribbons
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello