Hiya another newbie here in Norfolk

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hiya another newbie here in Norfolk

Postby NanaDawn » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:28 pm

I have been suffering with aches and pains, lethargy and lots more for over a year maybe more it wasn't until I was talking to an old school friend, who has Fibromyalgia, that I even thought that there might be a reason for how I feel, I was putting it down to old age even though I am only 53, when I described how I feel my friend told me it sounded like just how she feels most of the time. I went to GP had blood test, all of which came back clear other than vitamin D which we are still waiting for the result, she put me on low dose of antidepressants to ease the pain and I am due to go back to her this Thursday, I didnt think the tablets were helping at all until I missed a dose 1 night and the next day was absolute hell. Maybe its all in the mind with the meds, I dont know, but I do know that I can not do half now of what I used to be able to do. Today I mowed front lawn and weeded a flower bed, a year ago I could have done the front and back gardens in one day. I am now sitting here full of pain and not knowing how long its going to take me to get myself moving when I have to get up to get a drink, go to bathroom or even more import go to bed to sleep.

Having read a few of the posts in here and knowing that my friend and I are not alone helps immensely, :)

Thank you :)
NanaDawn
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hiya another newbie here in Norfolk

Postby tonydin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:56 pm

hi its a bit lonley in suffolk and norfolk on here , do you think they will dx FM in your case it takes so longe wondering whats wrong befor they come to some sort of decision

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:15 am

hi :wave: :wave: :wave:

its a very hard codition to understand or believe, but we have to have faith in ourself.

hope you can get some relife, when you go to the doctors keep telling him, alot of us have been refererd to rheumatologist and been dx then have been able to get more suitable pain relief, so :fingerscrossed: you have a quick journery.

:welcome:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:54 pm

:welcome: to the forum nanadawn :wave:

Just keep going back to see your GP until you get some answers. :hugs: if they do not diagnose you with fibro then ask them to refer you to a Rheumy at the hospital.
It can take a long time to get a dx as other things have to be ruled out first and fibro tends to be last on the list. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi Nanadawn and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby NanaDawn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi again and Thank you for your replies.

My GP has mentioned to me that if the meds she prescribed dont work then she could refer me to Rheumy, she seems to be very understanding about most things.
I am fairly certain that it is FM as not only did my friend first point me in the direction of FM, a lot of things that I have read online seem to also point in that direction. Once when I mentioned to my mum that my fingers and toes feel swollen when ive done too much she said it sounded like Rheumy but I didnt agree as the lack of energy and tiredness didnt point in that direction. Also I ache from head to toe and that doesnt point to Rheumy either, well not that sort of Rheumy anyway.
All I want is to know that what I feel isnt all in my head and that Im not malingering or anything else that people make me feel.

Thank you again everyone, I am so happy that I found this site :D
NanaDawn
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:37 pm

:wave: :wave: NanaDawn :welcome: to the potential LaaLaa Land of FM :chicken-dance:

As you've been reading around on here, hopefully you'll have come across some (hopefully) useful advice and suggestions that might be helpful to you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: As well as that, there is a lot of support for each other as things like FM can turn everything you know completely upside down :yikes: :yikes:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see what we can do to help you with it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby NanaDawn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Youll all be getting fed up with me :yikes:

Had my appointment with GP and my Vitamin D level was 40 which she told me isnt too bad but has given my Vitamin D and Calcium tablets, I am to take for a month and then go back she her, she said they might help with the aches and pains and if not then she will send me to Rheumatology Dept, So thank god she is taking me serious.

Thank you everyone for bearing with me :hugs:
NanaDawn
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Glad to hear you are getting some help :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello