[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie from Devon.

Newbie from Devon.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie from Devon.

Postby Lavender » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:39 am

Hello everyone. My name is Becky. I live with 2 of my children aged 5 and 14.

I havent been diagnosed with any condition yet. But I'm starting to wonder if I have Fibromyalgia and wanted to ask here first before I approach my doctor and look like a loon.

I've had osteoarthritis in my knee for years. Have been getting terrible hip pain for the last 5 years. I'm finding out the results of the mri scan I had on my hip next Monday. I've recently changed my doctor due to moving house, and my notes are still with my previous doctor so the new one is as yet unaware of my problems.

I will list the problems I have day to day, some days are better then others but I always have the hip pain, knee pain. I get a lot of migraines, have been getting those for years 20 ish. I have pain in my hands and arms.They often feel stiff and my joints and fingers click and my finger knuckles dislocate.I'm having xrays on my hands in the next 2 weeks. My ankle's and feet hurt when I walk.
I am overweight which I know doesnt help but am trying to find a way to exercise without hurting.
I have damaged my teeth badly to the point where I now need dentures so I can eat properly. I damaged my teeth by grinding them at night. My jaw clicks a lot especially when I am eating. I take amytriptyline for the grinding at night which seems to be helping me relax my jaw muscles.
I have bladder problems. I have had 5 children in total so I expected not to have the same 'control' but lately things are getting rediculous. I do have a bladder prolapse but also am finding it very irritable and hard to hold on for long.
I get palpitations at strange times, just a feeling of my heart thumping in my chest for a few seconds and then it is gone....can't think of any reason for this, often I am just relaxing.
I get terribly exhausted at the most simple of tasks. I get out of breath just bathing my son. Sometimes just doing the ironing feels like an impossible task.
I feel like I am losing control and going mad and I don't know what to do.
Lavender
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie from Devon.

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum Becky :wave:

Sorry to hear about your pain. :fingerscrossed: you can get some answers soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Newbie from Devon.

Postby denys » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum Becky look forward to getting to know you :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello