Advice please

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Advice please

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Keeping things to yourself about how you're feeling isn't always a good thing to do Rachel, I know from my own experiences how much it can bring you down. The only way others will know what you're feeling is for you to tell them. If they are the sort of people you hope and think they are, they will listen, try to understand what you're going thru and see what they can do to help you.

I know exactly what you mean about hearing people complain about being tired, in pain and not sleeping very well :facepalm: :facepalm: If I was a braver teddy (like I used to be :x :x :x ) I'd erupt and let them know that what they are feeling is nothing like we what live with, but I'm not brave these days, so all I can do is dream about doing it :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

To try and find a helpful, understanding GP, you could try contacting surgeries in your area and ask if they have anyone who is familiar with treating people with things like FM. Or, if there is a support group in your area, you could get in touch with them and see if they have any recommendations about GPs, good and bad, so you would know who to contact or avoid.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rachellouise » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks for the advice never thought of a support group that could be in my area, I know what you mean about shouting out to people I use to be an out going person who would say what I thought but I am not like that myself either now.
Rachellouise
UKFM Member

Postby Rachellouise » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:56 am

Well it's not a good morning for me, not in a happy mood feel like I haven't slept properly in what feels like years.
I have just been sat pondering over the past 10 years of my life and realised that I have been in discomfort for most of them been up since just before half five this morning prob only fell asleep just after eleven last night.

Got to have my bloods done again this morning then go straight to work after feel like today is going to drive me :crazy: roll on the weekend when I have the option of going back to bed, another thing that has got me is that I always sound like I am suffering with the cold sick of blowing my nose this morning :!:

Seems I am having a moaning day today :(
Rachellouise
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:10 am

The coldy, fluey feelings are another typical symptom of FM. With how cold it's been this week, I've been sounding even more bunged up than usual :roll: :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:04 am

:hugs: Rachel, hope your day gets better.
Have you had the flu jab? Some docs will do it with fibro, it depends on the area you live in but if they dont you cant have them done for a small fee in pharmacy`s in Tesco`s & sainsburys do them along with others. We are prone to picking up bugs easier.

Feeling fluey is also a sign of a fibro flare so try to get some rest over the weekend. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Rachellouise » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:03 am

I haven't even considered the flu jab, I shall inquire as soon as my latest test results are back.

I was that tired that I had some alcohol last night to see if it would make me stop in bed and as you can see I am more than awake all it's done to me is give me a real horrible feeling in my belly.

For once I would just like to stop in bed without any trouble :swear1:
This is going to me this morning
:dogrun1:
Rachellouise
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello