[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby bry_p » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Hello there,
I've been reading a number of the posts on here, and have decided to say hello. My name is Brian, and live in Fife. I was diagnosed with fibro about 3 years ago, and like many people on the forum, had various opinions on my condition, including MS before fibro was confirmed.

I am currently taking a combination of Sulfasalazine, gabapentin, co-codamol and amitripilyne which holds the pain at bay - just!!

The worst aspect for me is the hip pain - it seems to dominate most of the activities that I previously took for granted.

One of my reasons for joining this forum was to see how the condition affected other people in their daily lives and I have found it really useful, because I now know that many of the symptoms I experience on a daily are part of the fibro condition, and I am not going completely doolally - well not yet anyway!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope I can make a contribution in the future.

Brian :)
More men die of caution than die of excess!
bry_p
UKFM Newbie

Hello

Postby boomermctea » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Hello Brian

I like you find that I get most of my pain in my hips. I also get pain in the backs of my thighs.

Do you suffer much with neck pain. That is my 2nd worse area, the pain is right where the back of my head meets my neck. The tendons get very tight and the pain goes right over my head.

Do you find you get hip pain if you are standing or walking or is it there all the time?
boomermctea
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi Brian :welcome: to the forum :wave:

We have a few guys on the forum so you will have some guys advice plus us ladies to compare symptoms with too, btw you might not have gone doolally yet but cant promise that it might come on sooner joining us lot on here. :lol: :lol: :wine: :beer:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am

hi, brian,

i feel worse in my hips, goes down to my knees and my ankles.

i am sure i get overall fibro pain, but feel doctors have fobbed my off as my symptoms sound so similar to sciatica - slipped disc and i worry that if won;t heal itself and be causing more damager.

sorry to waffle the only relief i get it to rest for very long periods so it can take the rest of the day i only have a couple of hours activity in the morning with rest periods at regular intervals then am done in for rest of afternoon and evening. never watched so much rubbish telly - thank god for sky documentarirs i am now a histoyr/geology expert i think.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi Brian and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum Brian.

I'm with you and the hip pain issue as well :facepalm: :facepalm: It comes down my spine from my neck then branches out into one, or the other, and when it's feeling truly :twisted: :twisted: both at the same time :x :x

As shaz has said already, there are some male regulars on here, and altho we haven't found the cure for FM or the common cold yet, we do have a very good range in the sending you completely :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: line :clap: :clap:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :D :D :D

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sootybean56 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

hi brian :welcome:
i joined this forum last year, and have found it a great help. everyone is friendly
and know exactly how you feel. before i joined i felt sooo alone.
it is also my hips and legs, sometimes i hobble about like a 90 year old.
i do stretching exercises which helps a bit. god knows what the window cleaner thought the other day whilst i was doing them :lol:
anyway there is always plenty of topics, information for you to look at and discuss.
take care sootybean56 xx
sootybean56
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Hello, i was diagnosed this year , my problems are my shoulders and neck, i only joined this site a few days ago but everyone seems lovely :D
ribbons
UKFM Member

Hello

Postby Mccoll2u » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 am

Hi Brian fellow man here Falkirk area I got diagnosed a few months ago still at the doctors every month for bloods etc and also physical theropy to which doesn't help much tbh puts me in bed for a couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst underwater as that's how I roll :p
Mccoll2u
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Brian :wave: :welcome: to the one place where feeling
:crazy: fits right in :lol: :lol: :lol:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby bry_p » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi again, and thank you so much for all the messages you have posted, it is greatly appreciated. I notice that most of you have experienced the hip pain, and today is not one of my better days with it. I broke my ankle about 14 years ago and it get reminded of it every day, it seems to have come out in sympathy with my hips even more today!

I have a question though - I thought I read a post somewhere about someone who had experienced pain behind their ear - I have an almost constant pain behind my right ear, it was suggested as a mastoid problem, but it was never really investigated and I just wondered if anyone else had the same pain?

Anyway, thank you again to everyone who posted a reply, and I hope everyone enjoys what is left of the weekend.

:) Bry
More men die of caution than die of excess!
bry_p
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:11 pm

With you saying it's an almost constant pain, it sounds like it needs some further investigation Bryan. I've been trying to find some info about mastoiditis so I can add a linky, but all I've come across so far are either very technically jargonfied or simple descriptions with not much info in them. This linky is the best of what's available if it's of any use to you
Maybe have a read thru it to see which symptoms affect you would be somewhere to start. From there, going to see your GP might be the next suitable thing to do, for things to be investigated, looked into to see what the reason for the problem is.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:26 pm

hi bry . tony from suffolk here , i too have all the pain you discribe as for the ear tdo you get any jaw or teeth pain , as the TMJ jiont is in fact right in front of the ear and this condition is associated with fibro ,

another thing i have been dx with

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello