symptoms of fibro.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

symptoms of fibro.

Postby Salgor » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:45 pm

I am experiencing so many of the symptoms which people mention on this board. I have just had bloods taken (about 8 ) and apparently they don't show anything up, except a slightly abnormal liver function. I get the very sensitive skin and can hardly bear my clothes against my skin.

I am sore and in pain from head to toe. Some days are a bit better than others and then I tend to do too much and then suffer. :needhug: My doctor and physio just say that it is just my arthritis or it is all coming from my spine problems and take a bit more of this or try this painkiller. I feel that I would be trying to tell the doctor their job if I suggest that it might be fibro.

How did others deal with this situation I that I am banging my head against the wall.

Sally
Salgor
UKFM Member

Re: symptoms of fibro.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:34 pm

:wave: :wave: Sally and :welcome: to the forum.

I've split your post off from the topic you'd added it to and moved it here with it being your first one.

You could try raising the possibility of FM with your GP and physio and see what they think. Maybe keep a diary of how you are affected and how the pain and things you are experiencing differ from the pain relayed to your arthritis. Hopefully, from there your GP will start looking into things for you, send you for any tests they feel may be helpful, then, when all necessary results are back, be able to give you an idea of what is causing your extra symptoms. If your GP isn't helpful, then it might be worth trying to make an appt with a different one in your surgery, maybe ask the receptionist if there is one who has experience with something like FM.

However, even if you have your GP helping, being dx'd with FM isn't straight forward :facepalm: :facepalm: There are several conditions that share symptoms with FM, and it's also possible for the symptoms of FM to act like other conditions as well. It's only when all these other possibilities have been checked and discounted that you're finally told that it is FM.

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: your GP is prepared to consider that your symptoms could be caused by something other than arthritis, and that you get some answers to things soon :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi Sally and :welcome: to the forum hope to get to know you better over time :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ITbird » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 am

Hi,

I too was banging my head against the proverbial wall! The GP seemed clueless so one day he said to me what do you want me to do?' I told him I wanted a referral to a Rheumatologist. One appointment with the Rheumatologist and I was diagnosed. She was 100% certain it was Fibromyalgia without me even having to mention it.

I'd say tell the GP you want that referral - you have nothing to lose.

Good luck x
Fletch x
ITbird
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sally :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Salgor » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi
Thanks to you all for your warm welome :wave:

I will try asking my GP for a referral. She is absolutely delightful but tends to offer tea and sympathy most of the time. :hugs:
I am looking forward to learning a lot more from you all.

Sally
Salgor
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello