[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi

Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby babrees » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:30 am

Just wanted to say hi again.

I joined the forum back in January, but then forgot it!!! Anyway, been up since 3.30 (awake since 2am!) and going through this site and forum since then!

Back then I had not been diagnosed, but managed to finally get to see a consultant in June, who diagnosed me with ME and FMS, saying that it was difficult to see where one ends and the other begins.

I am still not sure what to think. I am glad that I have had something diagnosed at long last so that I know how to go forward. But on the other hand I am still not convinced that that is the cause of my probs. I think because many forum posts I read are so much worse than I am. I also feel like a fraud a lot of the time, and whilst I believe FMS is a real problem, think that MY problems are just in my head.

cheers for listening :)

Jill
babrees
UKFM Member

Re: Hi

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

:welcome: back Jill :wave: :wave:

What you're thinking and feeling at the moment re your dx is something a lot of us experience when we found out what FM is. There are several stages we have to pass thru, comeback and revisit, then go thru again before we reluctantly accept that FM and it's friends are a part of our lives :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just because what you read on here sounds far worse than you might feel, it doesn't mean you're a fraud :) :) This condition affects all so very differently :facepalm: :facepalm: Whilst you see yourself as not being so bad, you could well find there are ways that affect you moreso than it does someone else. FM is a very real illness, it's not in our heads, it's effects are all over our bodies and we need to try and find ways to live with and manage it :tongueout: :tongueout:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi Jill and :welcome: back Jill you have a diagnosis, dont worry about other's seeming worse than you Fibro affects us all differently which is why its such a convoluted condition. It is not all in your head and you aren't a fraud but it takes time to come to terms with the diagnosis.

Stay with us and we'll try to help you through. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby babrees » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanks folks :D

Good to see some more dog lovers here 8)

Jill
babrees
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:10 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jill :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello