Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby karenj » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:38 pm

I'm Karen and I live in Norfolk. :wave:

I have been diagnosed with fibro a couple of weeks ago after months of feeling awful. I do wonder if the doctor said that just to shut me up!!!

I have looked at the forum and feel quite a fraud as everyone seems to have more symptoms and pain etc than me. I am managing to stay at work but do get completey exhausted at times

My pain is mainly in my hands, knees, shoulders and back and I have jsut started getting reallyl sharp pains in my head.

Any way thats me :D
karenj
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Karen :welcome: to the forum, dont feel a fraud we all have different degrees of pain and are affected from very mild to completely disabling thats FM for you :welldone: for continuing to manage work and long may it continue :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm

:welcome: to the forum Karen :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of advice and support from everyone on here, hopefully there will be some useful bits for you in it. And if there's anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with an answer.

Don't feel that you're a fraud, we're all affected so differently by FM. Altho there may be areas where you're not affected as much as someone else, there will be others where you are affected more than others may be.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:06 pm

hi karen im down hear diss , where you dx at the n&n if so who by ? i feel a bit like you as i work full time drive 30000 milrs a year and carry on the best i can , the pian seems to reach a level that i am used to now , but i struggle i know that .

not found many in norfolk and suffolk with this

take care
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:14 pm

:welcome: to the forum Karen. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ribbons » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby karenj » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi Tony

I have only got my GPs diagnosis at the moment - although she has done some more blood tests and I'll get the results of them on the 2nd November. She didn't mention to me anything about going to the hospital

Not having a very good day today everything aches like crazy - I think I got too cold last night training my agilty dogs - mind you tis a good job they are agile cos I'm not :lol:

Karen
karenj
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:22 pm

my 13 year old son does agility with his goldie Sam , agile but slow lots of clear round but no pace , well you know what retrivers are like?? did ok at sandringham 3 out of 4 clear and a 7th place :chicken-dance:

i was dx at n&n after years of unxplianed probs that they could find no causes for , but yes more gps are aware now and dx themselves
hospitial just checks evry thing else gives dx and discharges back to gp so you havent missed nothing :lol:

pain is awfull latley in every part of the body :nono: :yikes:

:wine:
cheers
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello