Hello from North Yorkshire

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from North Yorkshire

Postby holiday man » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Everyone .
I've been sitting on the sidelines for a few weeks and today seemed a good day to say hello.

My name is Mike and I live in Scarborough , Married with one daughter who is away at Uni . I am a heating engineer with British Gas been there since school 34 years ago and yes that makes me 50 .
I had all the signs of Firbo for a few years but always put it down to general aches and pains from work , Told a few weeks ago by my GP after about 5 weeks and 6 appointments and weekly blood tests . Since I 've been on the meds I am sleeping so much better but mornings just take a little longer to prepare to face the real world . I've found by having a warm bath in the morning helps ease in to work mode .

My greatest pasion is travel , I have been so lucky to visit so many places around the world , that as a child I could only dream of. I have a very loving and supportive wife who shares my travel bug , I am making the most of life while I still have my wealth, health and companionship as I do not want to go to my grave taking my dreams with me .

This is a fantastic site full of great advice and support .

Well done and thank you

Mike
holiday man
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from North Yorkshire

Postby denys » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:17 am

Hi Mike and :welcome: to the forum, :welldone: for such a positive attitude you sound like a really sunny bloke and :fingerscrossed: this will keep you going oh that and the tablets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:51 pm

:wave: :wave: Mike and :welcome:

I love your intro post, bright and breezy, a bit like it is here at the moment 8) 8) 8)

As you've been looking for a while, hopefully you'll have an idea of what there is on here, and how we try to help and support each other with what FM throws at us, so hopefully we can do the same for you when needed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If there's anything you're wondering about, just ask it and we'll see what we can do to help you with it :D :D :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mike :wave:

Look forward to hearing about your holiday travels :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello