[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - HI Everyone

HI Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

HI Everyone

Postby pears35 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi all, I have been reading your forum for some months now usually when my symptoms get worse and i want to check that other people get the same ones !! Its been a great comfort to me reading all your posts it stops me feeling like i am going mad :crazy:
My symptoms started approx 3 years ago i went for all the usual tests and all came back clear so my doc mentioned at the time he thought it could be fibro... since then i have had some good months and some not so good ones, so at present i have been for a MRI scan 1 month ago to see if it could be MS but i dont get my results for another 4 weeks or so, my guess is as its taking so long to get the results the scan is clear? Anyway i have finally posted...yippee
pears35
UKFM Newbie

Re: HI Everyone

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum pears :wave:

:welldone: for posting :clap: :clap: :clap: :goodluck1: for the scan results. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby pears35 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Thank you. Its taken me a long time to post or even register. I guess i was waiting for the day when i would wake up feeling completley normal again :crazy: its been 3 years or so now since my first symptoms and i guess i am used to feeling the way i do i only really worry when a new one rears its ugly head! I am really lucky as i still manage to hold down a full time job although my family are very good and help out alot with the house work.... thank god!!! as i dont think i could cope if they didn't :D
pears35
UKFM Newbie

Postby ribbons » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:44 pm

well done for posting, good luck x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum pears :wave: :wave: Glad you've taken the plunge and decided to join in with the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: postings :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You'll already have a good idea of what it's like on here, as well as the sorts of info and advice there is on here, hope you've found some useful bits during your readings :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pears35 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks fluppy puffy :D

There is one symptom which has stayed with me from the start which i find very odd :!:

My hearing is either supersonic or it feels as though i have cotton wool in them :yikes: i can't stand certain noises or alot of noises at once and it actually sends pains in my ears, is this normal for fibro and does anyone else experience this? or am i just going mad :facepalm:
pears35
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Well, now you're on here with us you will definitely go :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Being sensitive to certain noises is a part of FM, and it seems to affect a lot of us. As for the hearing changes, altho I have the same sort of problem, I'm not 100% sure what could be behind that. In my case, my balance is completely shot, and after loads of tests on them, it was put down to migraines and some damage from previous ear infections and things.

If it's bothering you, it might be worth having it checked out, just to be sure. If you manage to find out how to switch the supersonic hearing on at convenient times, let me into the secret :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi Pears and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello