Hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello :)

Postby charliegale » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:40 pm

My name is Charlie and I am conducting my own research for my college project on Fibromyalgia.

My Mother has had this syndrome for many years now and I thought that this would be a good opportunity to put some of my theories to the test.

I believe that Fibro among other reasons has been triggered by past childhood trauma that has not been dealt/healed.

I would be very grateful if you could take the time to complete my questionnaire to help me with my project, some questions may be very personal to you however I can confirm that all of your information is fully confidential!

http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11343

Many Thanks in advance!
Last edited by denys on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removal of link and replacement with one to the more suitable topic
charliegale
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello :)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum charlie. With you making several virtually identical posts with the link in to your survey, technically under the forum rules you are spamming the boards. I need to remove some of the posts, leaving just one active with the link.

Normally, when someone wants to ask if members would mind taking part in a survey or something, they would normally make sure it was OK to do so by contacting the mods.

I know any research into FM is valuable and is always welcomed, so please don't think I'm casting doubt on the ethics or validity of what you're doing. My main concern is for the wellbeing of members as well as the forum being the safe, supportive, and helpful place that we all use.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby charliegale » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Apologies, I didn't realise :)

Where do I ask permission? I obviously didn't read the rules before I signed up so very sorry!
charliegale
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm

As it's up and running, and there's no problems with it, I've left one in where it should get noticed and hopefully get some responses.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:44 am

:welcome: to the forum Charlie :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi Charlie and :welcome: to the forum, hope your project yields some positive data
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello