HI Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

HI Everyone

Postby Nessa » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi, i have onll just heard about this website and have finally logged on, i have had fibromyalgia for 5 years, i have tried a lot of different pills and patches and loads of different things to help the pain. i havnt found much to help excectp heat, does anyone else use hot water bottles a lot? :wave:
Nessa
UKFM Newbie

Re: HI Everyone

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: Nessa

I've split your post off from the topic you'd made it on so it doesn't get lost in any replies for the other topic.

A lot of us on here use quite a lot of heaty things to try and help with the pain. Hotty bottys are a popular thing we use, as well as the wheaty bags that are warmed up in the microwave :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

There's a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll find some useful tips. And we do our best to help and support each other with what FM likes to do to us :cup1: :cup1:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lyssie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi Nessa...

I find my hot water bottle and electrical heatpad to be quite lovely and soothing :mrgreen: You can get the electric heat pads from Boots :hugs:

Lyssie xx
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum Nessa

I use a hot water bottle and wheat bag, i also find the heated pads good.
The winter gives us more aches so its always handy to have heated items around. I always have cold feet, hands and nose, i have slipper booties that have a sachet in to warm up in the microwave to keep my feet warm. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ribbons » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:39 pm

welcome :wine:

I use a plug in 'cape' as my pain is worse in shoulders and neck, i have just ordered a wheat bag that is for your neck and shoulders for when im visiting people...i just realised how sad that sounds.. :roll:
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Nessa » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Thank you for your welcome, i havent spoke to anyone with fibromyalgia, was wanting to ask does any one have scarring on their back from using hot water bottles, and does anyone have any tricks on how to help remove them?
Nessa
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi Nessa

Do you use a cover over your hot water bottle? I never put it straight onto my skin without a cover so never had any scaring from using one.
You should show them to your GP they might be able to prescribe you something. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nessa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:30 pm

:cat2:i have it in a cover and i never put straight on my skin, thank you for your advice, i showed my doctor and she explained what a skin graft is, how long have you guys had fibromyalgia?if you dont mind me asking. :)
Nessa
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:23 pm

It's coming up for 12 years for me Nessa, altho like lots of people, random symptoms were around a long time before that.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:28 pm

12 years for me also :coffee2:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ladygriff58 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:05 pm

hi nessa im also new to the forum ive read loads of different messages its nice to know that we r not alone i find heat really helpfull wether its a hot bath heat pads ect im always cold and the pain is very very bad then :(
ladygriff58
UKFM Member

Postby Nessa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:42 pm

i know what you mean its nice to know were not alone with this condition, the heat helps but its scarred my lower back and the only way to get rid of it is a skin graft, so anyone who uses a hot water bottle or heat pads just be carful, these scars look awful!! :swear1: thank you to every one who has replied to my messages, ive only had fibromyalgia for 5 years so i admire the people who have had it for longer than me. i have been using Fentanyl patches for the pain which do help, does any one have a medication that has helped a lot? ive tried about 19 different pills,patches and other meds and the fenyanyl has worked well. :fingerscrossed:
Nessa
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello