Dr thinks it is FM

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dr thinks it is FM

Postby blueeyes64 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:51 am

Hi i posted last night about symptoms i have been having now for many years but quite often when ive mentioned more than one thing when going to the GPs they will say lets just deal with one thing at once and never look at the whole picture.I went back to the Drs this morning and said i had been looking into FM as so many of the symptoms were what i had.All tests have come back negative for other condtions.She pressed some of the tender spots as per the diagram and they do feel bruised to touch and hurt for a couple of minutes afterwards.

She says she almost certainly thinks it is FM but she wants a week to just look over my records to make sure nothing else has been missed.She said a lot of Drs still dont know much about the condition and are still learning.She aske what i would like to do if it is FM as regards treatment, i said i wasnt sure yet but that it would just be good to know it was SOMETHING and finally have a diagnosis.I thought everyone woke up most days as if they had been ten rounds in a ring with a boxer ! feeling constantly bruised and stiff and all the other annoying things that occur.

I felt like bit of a fraud as this morning is quite a good day (still stiff in shoulders, neck lower back ) but much better than previous days.Still, i know that come this afternoon it could all change and i might struggle to walk to the shop round the corner from pain in my thighs and pelvic area or something else that can just come on at any time :(
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Re: Dr thinks it is FM

Postby denys » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, glad you are close to getting a diagnosis any questions just ask :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:37 pm

:fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby jean » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello there, I too have just been diagnosed. Does not make you feel on top of the world does it? Last night, I stayed up late - til 10.30pm. Then I was too tired to get myself to bed. I had these symptoms for over a couple of years and everyone said it was 'old age'. Then in September 2010 I got 'PMR' which I had never heard of but the medication for it is steroids. When I went into remission with that and came off the steroids all these aches and pains came back. Then I realised that something was not right. Having nightly dose of antidepressant which does help but feel so very tired and I really could do without it. Hope you do well.
jean
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello