Hi all, nice to know i am not mad !!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi all, nice to know i am not mad !!

Postby stretch » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:26 pm

My name is rob , recently well in the last 10 weeks i have been getting pains all over my body from aches in my ankles knees and the elbows. then since then i have had pains in my shoulders fingers and wrist and back. I have had 5 different pain killers and now on lyrice starting dose. I have had two doctors say it is more than likely fibro. But i have to wait for the rheumy to tell me the same which being the isle of man will be 1 to 3 years as i am not urgent ummm!

But enough about me griping just been reading posts and its nice to have info and opinions as i have found this so hard in the last few weeks as i am so bad so fast, but luckily my other half is great, and i am at the point of deciding if i can carry on working.

:banghead:
:dogrun1:
stretch
UKFM Member

Re: Hi all, nice to know i am not mad !!

Postby efrem » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:20 pm

:penguin: hi rob,hope you feeling a bit better.glad you find the forum helpfiul.before i found this forum i found it lonely sufferring from fibro,thinking that you are on your own since pain management course.it is nice to communicate to other people who know what your on about.as you might have noticed there are not many male sufferer`s on the forum of which i was surprised.i am sorry to hear that it will take some time to see the rhuemy.it took some time for me to get dx,even after paying to see a private rhuemy to only hear him say -nothing wrong with you,please pay seceratry on way out.eventually saw rhuemy on the nhs service and was far better than the private one i saw.i see that you live on the isle of man,it looks like a lovly place(only seen the scenery when watching the tt races).well i rabbitted on plenty.take care,efrem :D
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rob :wave:

:fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum rob :wave: :wave:

You may think you're not :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: at the moment, but after a short while on here with us, you definitely will be :clap: :clap: :clap:

I really hope you don't have to wait as long as you've said to see the rheumy :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: In the mean time, there is a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully you'll find some useful stuff to help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There a few regular men users on here, so you won't have to join in with our interestingly girlie chit chat all the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see what we can do to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby stretch » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Thanks girlie chat doesnt worry me i have managed lots of girlies in my many years at superdrug so no girlie stuff fazes me. But fibro is fazing me.
stretch
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Fibro is fazing :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Hopefully tho, with what there is on here, you'll be able to find your way thru things a bit easier :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:41 am

Hi Rob and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sootybean56 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:47 am

hi rob :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
welcome, no your not mad this forum has been my lifesaver
sootybean56
sootybean56
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello