[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - how do these forums work?

how do these forums work?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

how do these forums work?

Postby jean » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi everyone. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia recently even though I think I have had it for at least a couple of years. Hoped to get to talk to others with this but just cannot find out how to use this forum. If I want to find an answer to this question, where do I find it? do I have to remember my subject heading and look for it? My name is Jean and live in east Midlands area.
jean
UKFM Member

Re: how do these forums work?

Postby pixiecat » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:21 pm

HI Jean

Welcome to the forums :wave: :welcome:
if you have a subject that you want to chat about you can use the search over in to top right to see if it has been asked recently, or like you have just done you can start a new subject, put your comments on then people will add their own piece under that,
when you come back to the site at the top near the subjects there is an option to see new posts click this and you will see who has posted recently, I have just done this to see your new post, or next to that is an option to click your posts so it shows all that you have
made comments in.

Hope :fingerscrossed: you can understand how i've put this and welcome

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby stretch » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:57 pm

welcome
stretch
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:11 pm

:wave: :wave: Jean

Lorraine (pixiecat) has pretty much summed up how to find topics, look at your own posts as well as the new ones, and search thru what is on here, so I'll not add any of my confusion to things about that.

The bit I will add is that the forum is split into different boards for different things of FM, such as Treatments and Medication, Tips for Coping and so on, so if you are looking for something very specific, you can search the relevant part of the forum for it to save you having to look thru everything that comes up when the entire forum is searched.

If there are particular parts of the forum you are trying to get your head around, just ask about it and hopefully we can give you a more specific answer rather than just a general overview :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jean :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby jean » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks to everyone. I have printed out your answers because I just forget what I am told until i have done something several times.
Hope to read about you and hear whats going on regularly now. Bye Jean
jean
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Hopefully we'll see you on here a bit more often once you've got into the swing of things :wave: :wave:

Just let us know if there's something you need re-explaining or want to know :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello