[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi All

Hi All

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi All

Postby Kim » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi Everyone

My name is Kim, I am 42 married with 2 children 15 and 22 and a great granddaughter aged 3

I have been in pain for years and finally saw a consultant on Wednesday who told me that I may have FM.

I already have arthritis and thought all my aches and pains were associated with this.

I have several other complaints which can be connected to FM, so it's looking as if I do have it.

Only thing is that I was given antidepressants and told to come back in 3 months!

So I have been left in limbo, whilst already on antidepressants, ramipril and propranolol for other things.

I never knew FM existed and that so many people have it.

:D
Kim
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi All

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 pm

:welcome: to the forum Kim :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, which you may find helpful with you just being dx'd, as there are probably all sorts of questions whirling around your head. Having a look thru posts on here might help you find some answers, and you can always ask about anything and we'll try to help you with it.

Which anti-d were you given?? The usual one to start off on is amitriptyline. They are used at a lower dosage than they would be for depression as they have been found to help with pain and sleep. They can take up to a month to get into your system and for you to feel their benefits, so try not worry if things don't seem to be having an immediate effect, they need that bit of time to kick in :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:42 pm

although you have suffered for a long time, this might seem where the journey begins.

i was diaggnosed a year ago and have been put on what i think are a good range of meds but i am wondering what now.

i have only been ill for 18 months so not had to put up with for aslong as such as yourselves.

so i suppose there are many junctions and turning points on our travels.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 pm

:welcome: to the forum Kim :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ladygriff58 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 pm

hi kim welcome 2 the forum, hope u find it helpfull any questions jus ask :wave:
ladygriff58
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello