[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello again

hello again

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello again

Postby cosyrosy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Well i introduced myself a few months ago, I got a very warm welcome. Even though i was unsure that I should be here. I have MS however the last 6 years most of my symptoms are in common with people on here. I have had MS dx for over 11 years. My MS typical symptoms and relapses have not been any worse in the last few years.

I do have lots of other symptoms though which are very FM my last neuro visit I did ask if he was sure I had not been diagnosed wrong.
That sounds a brave statement, but he was not the diagnosing neuro. He had nothing to lose by admitting it. He said no sorry. so I did not even mention my FM concerns.

I used to go to my local MS yoga group, I left as I felt I was a fraud and in the wrong place. I also get a newsletter from my local MS group and they have socials and outings, I have never been as again I feel I am not the same.

After having a few symptoms which I do at this time of year, I have had heels that feel bruised underneath, my cat hurts me when she sits on my legs. My hubby cant give me a cuddle very easily as it hurts. --------sound familiar.
The pain in the jaw and the dry eyes and mouth drying up and I have been put on omeprozale for reflux.

All these things I have found on this site. So I am here again, I just didnt continue to post last time, as I felt I was being silly and it was my MS. I have a friend I see occasionally who has MS and again there is nothing symptom wise we have in common.

I know people will think have you not got enough with an MS dx, I want to know whats what in case they have a pill or cure to help FM as I believe it would help me. Maybe I dont have FM but its certainly doing a good job of kidding me.

Even my hubby is taking me seriously now, after I have read him a few of the things on this forum.
So hope you will give me a :grouphug:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into clearer paragraphs
cosyrosy
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello again

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:27 pm

:welcome: back rosy, nice to have you on here with us again :wave: :wave:

With regard to your uncertainty about your dx, it is possible to have another illness/condition as well as having FM, so it's possible that FM may have followed MS, which could explain the different symptoms. Unfortunately, it's not something we are able to say yes it is, or no it isn't :facepalm: :facepalm: For that tho, you need to see your GP.

Has anyone made comments to you at the MS yoga group to make you feel fraud?? If so, then there's a serious flaw in how they treat members. From what I understand, altho a range of symptoms are shared, the way it affects people can vary, just as it does with FM.

If it does turn out you have FM, unfortunately there isn't a cure, or specific pill for it. The best we can hope for at the moment is finding the right mix of things for each of us that can help with managing the condition.

To start things off, keeping a symptom diary could help, with details of what you were doing, how the pain started etc, and an explanation of how it differs and makes you feel compared to your MS symptoms. From that, you'll need to see your GP to discuss things, see what they think and decide on the next step to take.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:34 pm

hi, nice to meet you.

what symptoms do you have that made them think you have ms@

i onlly ask as it makes a change thinking about something else instead of fibro,

pluse when i have various symptoms - like you - i have also considered many different overal conditions and individual ones - such as why my wrists are painful, why my hips are painful, back etc.

hope yiou are keeping well anyway and nice to see new blood, sometimes don;t reply as too tired to type but like to keep up and read stuff so bet alot of others are like that too. i also only get down so many headings so keep thinking sometimes i should start at the bottom of the indes, so don;t often get onto new members section. :shock: :wave: :oops:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby cosyrosy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Fluppypuffy i was actually made welcome at the ms yoga group, it was just me. I can get up and down off the floor and do not have a dropped foot or an obvious disability. However a lot of the people there were actually stronger than me and it hurt me to lie on my side at the time. That could not be seen, and it was me that felt a fraud when I felt I could not say cant do that it hurts to lie on my side. Or have not the strength to hold the pose, when everyone else had obvious problems greater than mine.

animal house. my dx was due to muscle twitches, burning optic neuritis and a few brain lesions on an MRI scan. I have had relapses were numbness has lasted some time and L'Hermittes were if you put your head forward buzzing goes down your back and legs.
I havent had a relapse for a long time.
so I think my wiring is totally confused.
When I have ever mentioned my MS people say, you look so well, or maybe you have ME. Or my friend of a friend had ms but of course she is dead now. Or drank themselves to death. oops sorry about that, but thats some of the things that have been said to me.
Its only my nerves and muscles that are not looking their best but they cant see that.
Anyway never mind that. I know I am very very lucky so far.
cosyrosy
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:36 pm

:welcome: back Rosy :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello