[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Densie65 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi everyone,
This is my first time on here so it may be a bit muddled!!
I'll be as brief as possible.
I've had Psoriatic Arthritis for 20 years which has been a problem.
September 2010 I went off sick telling my GP "I can't cope , I've had enough !!!" he prescribed me antidepressants.
I returned to work December 2010 on reduced hours, but after 13 days at work went off sick again feeling absolutely shattered.
Returned to my GP asking "do you think it may be ME ?". He told me it is very hard to diagnose ME.
Still off work I went to my appointment at Rheumatology in July 2011 where they examined me for Fibro and gave me Amitriptyline.
A different GP told me I had Fibro and gave me a leaflet, where I read that the symptoms for both Fibro and ME are very similar.
I've now lost my job of 26 years through illhealth.
Last week I went to CAB and they told me to get in touch with the Jobcentre. This done I've recieved a letter telling me I'm entitled to £67.00 per week.
I have a mortgage and all the usual bills to pay and I really don't know how I'm going to cope (I'll probably lose my flat).
How do others cope ?
Will anyone employ me in the future ?
Any replies would be good.
Denise (I am 46)
Densie65
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum and the muddled world of FM Denise :wave: :wave:

I've moved your post here, hopefully you'll get more hits than where you'd originally posted it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There is a lot to take in and get used to with FM, hopefully with the advice and info on here things will start to make a little more sense soon for you. We do our best to help and support each other thru things, as well as throwing in a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to keep you sane(ish)!!

Have you spoken to your mortgage provider about the situation you now find yourself in?? Contacting them to discuss what is happening with tends to be looked upon more favourably than just leaving things until they pick up on problems.

It's not easy to answer the question about whether someone will employ you in the future :tongueout: :tongueout: If you're lucky and can quickly find a mix of treatments, you could live an almost normal life. Even if it takes a while to find what helps you, you could still find an understanding employer who is happy to employ you and work with all the foibles of FM :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

As for coping, we take things at our own pace, do what we can without hopefully making ourselves feel too sore and painful, and essentially just take each day as it comes along, even down to doing things hour by hour, with plenty of resting in between.

If there's anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum Denise :wave:

There is lots to get your head around. :hugs:
Read up on as much info as you can take in, the more you know about fibro the better it will help you deal with it better, the forum has lots of info so have a good look around.

Some people still manage to work with fibro where as others are wheelchair bound, everybody is different, some only have mild pain and others have crippling pain.

There is no cure for fibro and sorry to say but i have never heard of anyone getting better and returning to work. :cry: Most find they get worse and have to stop working.

With you being on a low income you should be entitled to a council tax rebate, you should go back to the CAB to find out if you can get any help with your mortgage and anything else you might be able to claim for.

If you feel your mobility or care is affecting your day to day living you can apply for DLA.

Any questions just ask. :hugs: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Denise, sorry to hear you are struggling but cant add anything to what the others have said so :welcome: to the forum and I hope we can offer you some support when you need it :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello