Today I have a Sense of Humour

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Today I have a Sense of Humour

Postby shopaholic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:16 am

Hello peeps, my username indicates my favourite hobby! It is a pastime that makes me feel good and fills me with a sense of delight when I are the postman come to the door, but fills my husband with utter dread lol!

I have been suffering with FM since before it was deigned to be recognised by any GP, but of course in those days I was a 'hypercondriac', not correctly spelled I know, but it will do.

My diagnosis came in 1996 as a result of a consultation with my rheumatology consultant and the first thing he did was introduce me to Trazadone to go along with the Co-codamols and Prozac I was already taking.

I admit that I have avoided forums and self-help groups for over 10 years after attending a meeting where I spent an hour listening to other members trying to out-do each other with their symptoms and suffering. Anyone with FM doesn't need to be told what an awful, painful, depressing and debilitating illness it is! I also suffer with osteoarthritis and spondilitis in my spine.

I have now grown up family and a long suffering husband and an absolute rock and a treasure of a mother.

I am currently sat in bed, I'm not lazy, I'm comfy and warm and in a relatively good mood but just can't face what the day will bring when I start mobilizing.

I love period dramas, programmes like 'homes under the hammer' and any of the antique programmes. I love listening to audio books, trying various crafts and I'm passionate about antiques and vintage furniture, jewellery and soft furnishings AND shopping!

I have issues but I will raise them under the appropriate topics! I would like to be of use to others and find help in return.

Wake up now, I'm finished haha! Catch you all somewhere else

Bfn shopaholic xx :)
shopaholic
UKFM Member

Re: Today I have a Sense of Humour

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:12 pm

:welcome: to the forum shopaholic :wave: :wave:

Do you have any special, favourite places that you buy from, or is it a case of hunting out those amazing bargains that you can find online?? I have to admit, I'm a bit of an ebay addict, but that might be more to do with me liking slightly peculiar things, and there's a good chance there will be something on there :facepalm: :facepalm: That's as close as I get to shopping for pleasure these days :( :( :shock: :shock:

I know what you mean about avoiding places due to how people are :facepalm: :facepalm: On here tho, there isn't any real comparing to see who is feeling the most pain or on the most meds and things. We're generally a friendly, help and supportive forum ( I hope :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: ) When things are mentioned, it's usually because we either need a bit of a vent, to see if anyone is experiencing something similar to what another struggling with and looking for ways to manage things, or in reply to someone asking about something in particular.

There's a lot of advice and info on here, so hopefully some of it will be helpful to you. Anything that you ask about, we'll try to help you with an answer for it. And if we can't help with an answer, we can break out the :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: And if that doesn't work, we can always send you stark raving :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:45 pm

hi, its nice to find more "experienced" suffeerers.

i like your attitude, it is more commfotable in bed dammit so we should not feel we are being lazy, i am so fed up of seeing the livign room, i rarely get off the settee and there are no windows in here.

so a change in the bedroom might be on the cards and it has a window to the outside world.
:wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum shopaholic :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi Shopaholic and :welcome: to the forum, I'm sure you will be a great help to others and in return I hope we can offer you some support when you need it, a sense of humour is essential with FM as you know so have a browse in the positive and fun thread as there are somethings that will give you a sense of just how :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: this place is :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:25 am

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
welcome to the mad house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Azz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:34 am

:welcome: :wave: I too am in bed at the moment, but I am waiting for the carers to leave after seeing to my mother. But I often stay in bed under the warmth of my duvet its so cozy under there that I am happy to be just lazy at times :lol:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello