dazed and confused!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dazed and confused!

Postby janni62 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Never tried posting before, be gentle with me! I am 49 and live in beautiful Cornwall.
I have 3 grown up children and a small selection of grandkids, all boys..
I live on my own now, well sort of, have 2 lovely cats and few fish.
I have had fibro for 10 years along with other unpleasant chronic illnesses including menieres disease and a life long problem with depression and panic.

Well I'm not alone in waiting in absolute dread for my medical interrogation which is tomorrow.
I had a very bad experience if these so called medicals a few years ago when my benefits were stopped and I had to appeal. I did get my entitlement back but honestly it left me so traumatized that when I was called again a few years later I burst into tears and was sent home.

I have a stutter which is worse when I am nervous or upset and I'm dreading having questions fired at me, all of which are designed simply to strip me of my entitlement to esa.
I have waited since dec 2010 for my medical to be arranged, trying to survive on £67.50 and £19.95 dla. So much for the 12 week assessment phase...
Quite funny when incontinence products alone come to £11.00 a week at least!!
Anyway I am starting to ramble here, oh fibro fog I love you! :needhug:
janni62
UKFM Newbie

Re: dazed and confused!

Postby shelleydwales » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Big :hugs: ,you are not alone! Have just received my letter so am in state of panic,i also suffer from depression and anxiety which has not been helped with worrying about the ordeal to come. Hope it goes well for you! :goodluck2:
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum janni :wave: :wave:

There are quite a few going thru the system, so you're in good company. We're also nice and gentle when people come and join us, the fun really starts when we find out how :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: you are :clap: :clap: :clap:

The is a lot of info and advice on here, as well as trying to support each other thru the delights of FM. We're all pretty friendly so long as we're fed plenty of [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] so anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll see what we can do to come up with an answer for you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I hope your assessment isn't quite as scary an ordeal for you as previous ones have been :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby chuckles » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 pm

hello :wave: :wave: :wave: a :hugs: nd welcome :clap: :clap: :clap:
and :goodluck2: for tomorrow :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi Janni and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:29 am

:wave: hi janni62,how did you get on today? Was hopeing it wasn't as bad as your last experience! [chocolate] :coffee_cup: :hugs:
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:00 am

hello
welcome to the fourm :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello