Just been diagnosed :(

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just been diagnosed :(

Postby Gromit » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:28 am

Hi there,

I have just been diagnosed with Fibro - although I think that I have been suffering for at least 2 years. Its a relief to finally get a diagnosis - and not just feel like I am going mad all the time. I have been taking Tramadol for the pain (and Endometriosis which I have also been sufferin with) and my Dr has now put me on Flaoxetine (sp?) so we will see if this helps any.

I have been hovering on the board - I am not sure if I introduced myself before - but Hi again if I have :)

I have had to change my interests to fit in with the Fibro - I used to have horses, but thats had to stop - I now do a lot more crafty things (which I have always enjoyed) I am just starting to make my Christmas cards and I am knitting my mum a jumper for Christmas. Are any of you crafty?

I live with my Darling OH and my 2 step winkles, 3 fishes, a snake and a tortoise! :)

Grom xxx
Love from Grom :) xxx
Gromit
UKFM Member

Re: Just been diagnosed :(

Postby ribbons » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:32 am

hello and welcome , i was diagnosed in August and make cards, in case you didn't know there is a craft section on here. I have put a few of my cards on there x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Gromit » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks Ribbons - I will have a look. I am just relieved to know whats wrong with me. I sort of feel that now I know whats wrong I can learn to live with it (well thats the plan anyway)

I will see if I can find your card pictures and have a look - I have just started and made my first birthday card at the weekend!
Gromit
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:30 pm

:welcome: to the forum Gromit :wave: :wave: :wave:

There are quite a few crafters on here with a mix of interests, so you're in good company :clap: :clap: :clap:

There is also a lot of info and advice, as well as support with what comes with FM. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi Gromit and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Gromit » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks everyone :) :blowkiss:
Gromit
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:23 pm

hi gromit :w ave: :wave: :wave:
and welcome to our forum
what part of hampshire?
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby Gromit » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi Chuckles - I live in Fleet in Hampshire :)

Are you a Hampshire dweller?
Gromit
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello