New to forum, newly diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to forum, newly diagnosed

Postby druid of the hill » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:44 am

Hello all

I'm Em, from Wiltshire. I was 'officially' diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last week.

I have however had it for years!! Its only recently that all the individual symptoms got lumped together and the realisation came that Fibro was the cause. My mum also has it.

In addition to the fibro I also have a heart condition, for which I have a pacemaker/defib unit implanted.

I live in Wiltshire with my husband and our children. I like knitting, crochet and occasionally sewing. We like to travel in our converted camper when we can and try to spend most of the school hols away, hoping to get to some festivals next year :)

Look forward to getting to know you all and learning lots of ideas as to how to best live with this condition. Thanks :)
druid of the hill
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to forum, newly diagnosed

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum Em :wave: :wave:

Loads of advice and info on here, as well as suggestions and tips you may find useful. We also try to support and help each other thru the low bits that come with FM, as well as joining in the celebrations when there's a little spark of positiveness around :clap: :clap: :clap:

Travels in your camper sound fun,I would imagine that you've come across some beautiful and amazing places on your trips :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

anything you want to know, just ask away and we'll see how we can help you with it, so long as you don't mind a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Em and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ribbons » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:05 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby *Hope* » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi and welcome,

I'm from Wiltshire too and have, so far found the treatment from the docs/rheumys to be fab......hope you have found the same, it makes such a difference having a good doc.

Rachel x
*Hope*
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello