Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby cheryl 1967 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:33 am

hi to all Im a new member, Im new to area and have been doing my own reserch on my illness, I approached my new Gp after having mutiple problems for last 5 years. I asked if my illnesses and conditions were related to the condition Fibromyalgia I was told its looking that way but my new Gp is awaiting for any tests Ive had done when I was back in my home town. why does it take so long to get a diagnosis and why do we have to find them out ourselves before confronting our Gp I see thats happened to quiet a few members?. Its so distressing as I was trying to get myself a little better to take on a new career but my condition is getting worse, Im already on the strongest painkillers and amatriplene which I was 1st put on over 5 years ago for numbness in my back and left arm, does anyone else suffer with the sunburn feeling that I get down my left arm. I would be greatfull of any advice pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee. Thanks cheryl1967. :(
cheryl 1967
UKFM Newbie

Re: new member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum cheryl :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of info and advice on here that we could bombard you with, but doing that could men you get things that aren't really relevant to you :facepalm: :facepalm: If you want advice on particular things, it might be a better idea to ask about it specifically. Doing that will hopefully mean you get some useful answers, as well as meaning that the different things you ask about are easier to find, rather than them getting lost in with other posts made.

Have a look thru things and see what there is one here, and anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi Cheryl and :welcome: to the forum its very common for it to take a long time for a diagnosis as FM is a condition who's symptoms overlap so many others and these need to be ruled out before a diagnosis is made.

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cheryl 1967 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks 4 the welcome I will take your advice I think its only hitting me now what has been going off for some time and getting a final diagnosis I know that there are many symptoms with this condition and finding out wheather they tie in with any other illness I have. Thanks to this site and forum room I can finally see that im not going mad and there are many people in the same boat, again thanks for info. :)
cheryl 1967
UKFM Newbie

Postby sharon28 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi Cheryl,
I am also very new to this site and to be honest i'm not finding my way around very easy. I think i'll blame the Fibromyalgia for that!! Oh, and maybe i'm a technophobe too doesn't help i suppose! I have recently been diagnosed too. Finding it all a little daunting but also comforting to know i'm not alone. Anyway,...... welcome. Sharon xx :cup1:
cheryl 1967 wrote:Thanks 4 the welcome I will take your advice I think its only hitting me now what has been going off for some time and getting a final diagnosis I know that there are many symptoms with this condition and finding out wheather they tie in with any other illness I have. Thanks to this site and forum room I can finally see that im not going mad and there are many people in the same boat, again thanks for info. :)
sharon28
UKFM Member

Postby cheryl 1967 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:23 pm

hi all well doc rung today wants to see me tommorrow to discuss what are the next steps to hopefully get a diagnosis by a consultant so fingers crossed as ive just received letter from dss about my capabilities for work, at the moment i cannot write only tap with one finger as now my right hand has locked and 4th finger bent over so totaly impossible of writting. the questions are unreal, like all sufferers we all know that each day fetches different aches then the day before so im confused at what to say........ mind boggles who has put this questioner together........ here's to my appointment tommorrow wi doc's .................... :yikes: :-?
cheryl 1967
UKFM Newbie

Postby ribbons » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 pm

hello and welcome to you both x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:31 pm

:welcome: to the forum Cheryl :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello