Hello I'm New

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello I'm New

Postby jenni747 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:03 am

Hi Everyone

I'm Jenni from Cambridge. I'm 33, have been married to Paul for 2 years and have 2 cats.

I've had Fibromyalgia probably for 16 years, since I had Glandualar Fever when I was 17. It wasn't diagnosed until I was about 25 but I had spent most of my life "being ill" during that period. When I was diagnosed I was just told "that's it for the rest of your life, there's no treatment or cure, just do the best you can!"

I have tried a lot of treatments and medications over the years (most funded by my parents to whom I am extremely grateful). Through CBT and trigger point injections, plus pramipexole, I had a period of "remission" as such starting in 2007. During this time, I met my husband and we got married in 2009. I got a part time job starting in 2008 which I enjoyed and had an incredibly understanding boss who allowed me to work flexibly over 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to fit in the 18 hours I worked. Unfortunately, when he left the company the new boss forced me to work set hours, which lead to a lot of time off sick and ultimately me being sacked on grounds of ill health. I haven't worked for over a year now, and have been struggling with my Fibromyalgia throughout this time. Tasks that were an easy part of everyday life a couple of years ago are now a daily struggle.

I'm fighting what seems lie an ongoing battle with ESA. My claim has been running since January this year when my SSP was terminated, and I'm still on the basic rate now. I only got the medical questionnaire to complete in September, and still haven't heard about my medical. I phoned again today and DWP have agreed to intervene with ATOS if I haven't heard anything by 28th November.

My current treatments are: Pramipexole, Citalopram, Ferrous Sulphate and multi-vitamins, plus trigger point injections.

I'm hoping to get some new ideas and support from other people who know what it's like to live with Fibromyalgia.

Sorry for the long intro

Jenni

BTW - Insomnia is really bad at the moment, hence the time of night!!!
jenni747
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello I'm New

Postby cherrybee » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 am

Hi Jenni, :wave: there are lots of friendly people here and info by the
bucketload :D :welcome: its hard to be told theres no treatment, and even harder
when people dont understand, and tell you how well you look :facepalm:
all the best :flowers:
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:55 am

hi jenni :wave: :wave: :wave:
welcome to the forum
any questions just ask and we will try our best to help :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shelleydwales » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:32 am

Hi there! :welcome:
:flowers:
:grouphug:
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:26 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jenni :wave: :wave:

Lots of advice and info and suggestions on here, so hopefully there will be some bits that are helpful for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There are all sorts of meds combos to try to see if they help FM, this linky takes you to some info about them, just in case there is something on there you may not have had yet :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspx Some have found that hydrotherapy and physio has helped as well.

You're in good company here as we do all we can to help and support each other :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ribbons » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:23 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:54 pm

hi and welcome
thanks for sharing all the info
lu
:wave:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello