Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Hello

Postby animalhouse » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:05 pm

i was involved in a head on a couple of years ago but we both walked away. i have been plagued with chronic pain/fatigue since and was diagnosed wthihh fibro a few months after.

however i feel a shell of my former shelf and usffer ptsd with flashbacks of impact and feeling i should just pick myself and get on with life.

i was trianing to be a nurse in 2nd year adn cant imagine continueing my training do to not being able to walk without stick or painful wrists from impact but feel i should be able to get on with it.

have spent last 2 years fighting benefits esa/dla and now i don;t know where my life is going to go.

sorry to hear your story - well done for working and getting on wit it. :wave: :wave:

i would love to continue my training but dn;t know how i could, don;t know how some of you maage to continue nursing or do you work in clinics. cant imagine being on a ward on a 12 hour shift again, hjmpting patients about.. :cry:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: Hello

Postby karenlw » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Sorry to hear you had to curtail your nurse training. I certainly would not be able to manage moving and handling patients and ward work. I work a 9-5 job in a community clinic so alot of my work is non-physical. However, even this is hard so I really feel for you having to cut it short. Re the PTSD, you need to access psychological support to get you through it, it is amazing. Your GP should be able to refer you. Good luck, my heart goes out to you. xx :goodluck2:
Karen
karenlw
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello