Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby hayleighmann » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone :D

I was diagnosed with FM a month ago and have been reading through alot of the posts on the forum and have found some really helpful information. Its also really good to feel your not the only one with FM as it can certianly feel that way some times.

I've been struggling the last week or so, been in a lot of pain and realised its probably because the cold has started to creep in on us. i'm finding it a bit of a struggle as its taking a while for my friends to realise i cant do quite as much as i could before, which i find frustrating as i want to be able to do more and my body doesn't want me to. I find it difficult when some days i think i can do a bit more but end up suffering cos i've overdone it and then other days i cant do anything.

Is there any members on here from the norwich area?

Thanks to everyone for all the informative posts i have read so far, i will continue to read through and pick up bits and pieces that can help

Hayleigh
I'm a newbie to the forum, just been diagnosed with Fibro and only just getting to know all about it :-(
hayleighmann
UKFM Member

Re: Hi

Postby ribbons » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:38 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Hi

Postby steve3 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi and :welcome: :-)
SteveT :penguin:
----
Dyslexic Bipolar Aspie. Having 'Fun' trying to decipher the universe every day... and then no energy to actually do it. FMS squared.

Carpe Diem: A jewel encrusted fish!
steve3
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi Hayleigh and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum Hayleigh :wave: :wave:

You're not alone in feeling worse with the changes in the weather, it affects most of us, sending things way above the levels we normally feel :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

It can take a while for those around us to understand how we are affected by FM and wanting to do more than we are actually able to do is something we've all done :facepalm: :facepalm: The way we try and manage this is by pacing what we do thru the day. This involves finding out how long you can do something without it becoming to uncomfortable and painful. When you reach this time length, you then stop and take a break, and start again when you feel ready to. Even if you feel able to carry on, you still stick to the same amount of time, to try and minimise the chances of overdoing things.

I'm not sure if there are many on here from around your area. If you have a look in the support groups part of the forum, there may be a group in your area. If not, then googling your area and fibromyalgia could throw something up.

Anything you want to about, just ask and we'll see what we can do to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello