Hello new member(need fibro friends)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby noonoo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:31 pm

. Just wanted to say hello to everyone :wave: I am new to both the forum and fibro, have spent the last seven weeks stuck indoors suffering all the symptoms of fibro and life feels a little :( . When i disovered this site i thought there is hope. Looking forward to making friends with people that get what i am going through.
noonoo
UKFM Member

Postby lrgatrell88 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:38 pm

Hello and welcome :) xxx
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Re: Hello new member(need fibro friends)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum noonoo :wave: :wave:

Have you been dxd with FM or are you still waiting to see if it could be something else??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ribbons » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:55 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby noonoo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Hiya fluppypuffy, I have been dx at long last, my illness began 10 years ago with an overactive thyroid, they told me it could all be sorted out with radioactive iodine this of course was not true, after three months in hospital they sent me home weighing 5 stones, a few months later the thyroid went underactive, they put me on thyroxine, but then came the thyroid eye disease which was horrendous, so after steriods radiotherapy and 4 eye ops i looked a little more like me than golum from lord of the rings but the thyroid still wasnt level so they decided to remove the remaining piece of thyroid, after a 7 hour op and a few weeks recuperating i felt no better, infact i have never felt well since.

My thyroid level is still abnormal i always feel like i have flu, sore throat, earache, i hurt allover. about 6 months ago i mentioned fm to my endocronologist but she basically laughed at me, at my next appt with my reumatologist i mentioned fm she shook her head and said i dont think so but we will run some tests which by the way i am still waiting for.

I became unable to get out of bed, and unable to walk. i was admitted to hospital where after 4 days i met a dr who examined me and told me there and then that i had fm,they have changed all my meds im on duloxettine and progabellon as wall as all the usual pain meds tramadol etc, but life is not life at the moment its an existance. Seem to spend all the time on my own :(
noonoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:04 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum hope we can be a support to you :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Betfred101 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:22 am

Hi and welcome :)

Im rather new myself and currently havent been diagnosed, it seems you have indeed had the run around.
May i ask how and how long it too before you were diagnosed with FM please

I wish you well in getting better :mrgreen:
Betfred101
UKFM Member

Postby jean » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Hello NooNoo, sorry you have had to join us. Try to go out. I have been walking every afternoon for 3 years now and I am determined not to let this stop me. Of course, when I get home, I am exhausted and my legs stop working but I will keep going until I have to crawl. I am so frightened of being housebound. Hope your getting some help. Love Jean
jean
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Hey noonoo :wave: :wave: You're in good company now :clap: :clap:

Your route to getting dxd is similar to what a lot of us have gone thru, so we all understand how you think and feel :hugs: :hugs: I'm with you on life being an existence, I've been down that road as well :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hopefully, now you've joined us things won't seem to be quite so bleak for you. There is a lot of info and advice that you may find helpful, and there is usually someone around to anything you may want to know about :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

You never know, you may come across some people or a support group in your area :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Selkie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Hello! :wave:
Selkie
UKFM Member

Postby noonoo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks for all your replies, i dont feel so alone now. in answer to your question betfred101, it has taken just over 2 years for my dx so not as long as some people on the forum. Hope you get your dx soon.

As yet i have been unable to venture out as i cannot walk any real distance, i have a wheelchair being delivered this week so will go out then, but untill i build up the strength in my legs i dont think i will be walking anywhere except around the house. I will be starting physio but its a 12 week wait, so is the congnitive therapy, but not to sad coz i am gonne beat this thing and start my own excersize programme :-) As you can tell im havin a good day might not be so positive tomorrow, but not gonna worry about that just got to enjoy today for what it is. Thanks for all your support and of course if i can offer any help or advise i am here for my new founf fibro friends :grouphug: noonoo
noonoo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Just take things day-by-day, bit-by-bit noonoo, that's how a lot of us go with things :wave: :wave: :wave:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:12 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Betfred101 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Crikey 2 years, i have a long while left to go then though i am reasonably sure i have had like 85% of the tests all ready but hey we shall see.
Yes i find the only way to manage things is little by little.
I am reasonably lucky so far, i can walk short distances but quickly get tight chested and breathless. The sad thing is i can slowly feel how much weaker in general i am getting have you or anyone else felt this?
Like for instance I used to be a barman and could walk miles and miles and be on my feet 6 days out of 7 working in a busy bar/resteraunt and hotel. So you can imagine the run around and it barely bothered me. Recently how ever i'm lucky to manage walking the dog for 30 minutes and be able to do anything else for a good few hours and even then its always a struggle.

I think even though we all have a lot of problems with pain and getting relief etc we are generally very strong people. Both mentally and physically though i am spiralling into depression on my bad days such as this morning.
Good luck with your physio and everything in between hun :goodluck2: :hugs:
Betfred101
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello