Hi everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everyone

Postby Mini » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi, after looking at this site for a while I thought I had better come in and say hello. I have just recently been diagnosed with FM after suffering the most of it for the last 2 years (although some of my symptoms now go back 17 years!). Mine started after a bad virus I picked up 2 years ago that knocked me for six. Since then I have been ill on and off, having various tests/scans/xrays all coming back clear. I am lucky enough to have a doctor that does recognise FM. Have just been to the hospital consultant who confirmed everything and now waiting for an appointment to meet "the team" as she put it. All very positive with the consultant, she was lovely and understanding. However, I do feel I am in denial at the moment, feelings of "no, they must have it wrong", but Ive no doubt many of you will have been through that. Ive come on here to get support from people that understand because at the moment I feel like no matter how hard they are trying colleagues, friends etc are just not understanding it at the moment. I have tried to give them as much info as I can but I suppose they are going to take time as well.

Anyways enough of my waffle, hello to you all :-D
Mini
UKFM Member

Re: Hi everyone

Postby denys » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Mini and :welcome: to the forum, sorry you have FM but glad you've joined us. It is difficult for others to understand but being honest and open will help. We have lots of info on here that you can print off and give to people.

Denial is part of the journey too and one we seem to revisit from time to time, so hope we can offer you the support you need :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mini

We have lots of info and support on the forum, there is lots to take in and get your head around, it will take a while and you will go through many emotions but any question and advice just ask, glad to have you on board. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mini » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks Denys and shazq, its nice to have other people out there that understand where you are coming from isnt it, its also hard to explain to people what it actually is we have got. I can relate to so much on this site that I have been reading through, though I must say some people do have it worse than myself, really feel for them
Mini
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum Mini :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lots of info and advice on here, hopefully some of it will be helpful for you.

What you're feeling at the moment is pretty typical after you've been told you have FM. Everything you know as life is turned down side up, and you've got to find your way thru it, trying to work out what's best for you and what you can do without things being aggravated/triggered off. With you joining us, :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you won't have too bad a time trying to get there, we've all been thru our version of it and understand how it makes you feel.

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ribbons » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:54 pm

hello and welcome x :wave:
ribbons
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello