[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi im a newbee!

Hi im a newbee!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi im a newbee!

Postby RachelStarrs » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi everyone and Thank you for excepting my on this site..

I'm Rachel.. from the West Midlands

After suffering many years of chronic pain i have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.
I feel the loss of my Daughter 4 yrs ago could have been the route cause.. and the stresses of 'daily life'
I have been prescribed medication and refered for physiotherapy.. also bee told i need to change my daily exercise
routine to a less excessive level in favour for a general walk or swim.. however because i need to lose weight i am
worried that this will not be enough..
Would love to know if their are any support groups in the west bromwich area surrounding?

Thank You and kindest Regards Rachel.xx :-D
RachelStarrs
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi im a newbee!

Postby denys » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi Rachel and :welcome: to the forum hopefully we will be able to offer you some suppoet when you need it as for support groups http://ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-support-gr ... roups.html try this link if there isnt any info on one near you then try the general phone number and they may be able to help you :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 pm

:welcome:
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rachel :wave: :wave:

Lots of info and advice on here that you may find helpful, so anything you want to know about just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Swimming should still give you a good workout without being too vigorous. The thing with over doing things, exercise/activity wise is that is can set off a flare which could set you further back, so easing back on what you do will hopefully reduce the chances of this happening while still helping you with weight loss.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ribbons » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 pm

hello and welcome x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rachel :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello