Hi I'm new here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I'm new here

Postby Belle67 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:44 am

Hi everyone
I first had M.E when I was 18, i'm 44 now. I was lucky that after 2 years it went into remission and although I had flare ups over the next few years they never lasted long.
Over the next 12 years now 16 years I have had many operations, hysterectomy,laporoscpys x 4, small bowel reconnection,ovarian cysts and I have also had 2 breakdowns but in between i've managed to live a semi-normal life.
In 2000 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia,I was put on Lyrica which i felt helped and again i have been able to carry on with my life and have even managed to do open uni courses this was with a view of training as a nurse next september but ten weeks ago I became ill with abdominal pain which they thought was an appendicitis, it wasn't. Since then I haven't been well,losing 3 stone in weight in that time. Four weeks ago i was taken back into hospital with pelvic pain which radiates round and in my hips to my back and also down my legs into my knees. I was passed from the surgical team to the Gynae team who told me it wasn't a gynae problem so i was just sent home. I am on tramadol and oxycodone which really helps with the pain plus gabapentin but I can now only walk very short distances with crutches and then I have to use a wheelchair.I am also on Venfalaxine for depression.
I have had an awful amount of stress with my 15 year old daughter over the past 6 months,she ran away and although I now know where she is she refuses to return home.At the moment i see her for a couple of hours a week in the hope of rebuilding our relationship but i miss her everyday and the stress continues which i no isn't good and doesn't help with my depression.
I saw a doctor yesterday,i've never seen before as its a new practice. He has ordered blood tests and X-rays but I really feel this is Fibromyalgia as i am so tired,can't concentrate,no appetite,can't sleep but then yesterday i slept until 1.30 pm.
Could Fibro come back with a vengeance like this, can it be this bad that i cannot walk after only having it and being able to cope with it.
I already had plans to move in the new year to a smaller property but i now feel i should look at flats as going up and down stairs brings me to tears.
Any advice would be grateful, I am very lucky that my parents are amazing and so are my friends but i am in tears most days. I suppose thats because i have so many questions and no answers.
Thankyou for reading and i'm sorry if i've gone on and on, like so many have said its just nice to find a place where people truly understand.xx
Diagnosed in 2000 but have led a pretty normal life.
Major flare up Nov 2011 now using crutches and Wheelchair.
Medication : Oxycodone,Tramadol,Gabapentin,Venfalaxine,Cyclizine,Climaval
Belle67
UKFM Member

Re: Hi I'm new here

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum

Sorry to hear about your problems. It sounds like you are having a flare. :hugs: your right stress does not help so try to stay as stress free as possible, get lots of rest.
Try to pace yourself during the day taking rest breaks in between doing things.

There is lots of info and support on the forum so your not alone, any questions just ask.

:goodluck1: with your daughter. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 am

hi,

i have 2 teen daugheters aged 13/15 as well as a 9 year old boy so it brought tears to my eyes reading about your daughter.

i think we all see the waltons fammily and wonder why ours isn't like that so i was so :( for you and the troubles with your daughter it is so difficult and they get stronger and more self condifdent.

i don;t have any magic answers but take care of yorusel fand if you feel down come on here and have a read or write and we will be there to support and chat, thats what i do.

take it a day at a time and hugs to you and daughter. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Belle67 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Thankyou so much Animalhouse, your reply made me cry but then again that is something of a daily occurrence .
I have found this forum so helpful and everyone is so friendly.

Its strange how you can bring up two children exactly the same,give them the same,punish them the same but they turn out completely different. I really thought that when i became ill and was in hospital she would come running but not even so much as a text to ask how i was. It broke my heart.
I think that the stress from dealing with the situation and heartache of her leaving and then being so ill,two operations and being in and out of hospital is what has caused this horrendous flare up but I do feel so much better knowing I have people who can really empathise to talk to.
Thankyou again, it means a lot xx
Diagnosed in 2000 but have led a pretty normal life.
Major flare up Nov 2011 now using crutches and Wheelchair.
Medication : Oxycodone,Tramadol,Gabapentin,Venfalaxine,Cyclizine,Climaval
Belle67
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 pm

hi,how are you today.

just been out today adn my hands are killing me as left my bag at mums 60 miles away and that had my last dreggs of gabapentin 100mg old dose even though i now take 2 x 300mg and keep getting shooting pains in my left hand.

i am stuck now as i have waited patiently at the back of the queue for oh to drive me to my mums whilst my oldest daughter has saturday job, does drama, had a play last eweekend and has a party next weekend so don;t know when i will get there again soon (don;t like to go out on my own)

its hard for families to cope when someone is ill and has alot of demands and there are other kids in the family as there is always so much happenidng, my middle daughter doesn't go out much at the moment but in another year ther will be no chance.

take care anyway and pm me if you want a private chat/moan.
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello