sobbs hello....

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sobbs hello....

Postby oopseydaisey » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I just popped in to say hello to anybody out there....im not sure what to write or who to write to so im going to treat this as a diary entry. :(
after a very embarrasing and painsteaking 6 months tooing and froing to my so called doctor ive finally been diagnosed with f.n and m.e. my rhumatologist was wonderfull and very understanding but (forgive pants spelling im shaking and sobbing as i write this). my g.p has been simply awfull, im unable to work, im cathater dependant, i use a weelchair to get about and i cannot function without the help of my husband but even though ther rhumatologist diagnosed it i DO NOT HAVE F.M, IT DOES NOT EGSIST!!!!!. my gp thought i was highly amusing to him tonight but certainly not poorley. i have recived a letter from the d.l.a saying im not entitled because the report my gp sent to them really really poopood me, he basically wrote im tired and i have a urine infection (despite the fact im waiting for sacrel nerve stimulation in hospital) and eurodynamics have confermd my bladder simply will not work.........im so fightend on so many levils and i dont know which way to turn.......thanks for listening xx
When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others.
Anais Nin
oopseydaisey
UKFM Member

Re: sobbs hello....

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 pm

:wave: :wave: daisey and :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No need to be frightened on here, we're all pretty friendly and share what we've all been thru to try and help and support each other :-D :-D

With what you've said about your GP, is sounds like you need to see someone else. FM is a real and debilitating problem, and there are pages about the condition, as well as ME on the NHS Choices site, so your GP shouldn't be making the types of comments you've had. Is there another GP you can see at your surgery?? If not, then you may be better off looking for a new one who will hopefully be more understanding and supportive :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

For DLA, you should have the option to appeal the decision, which a lot of people are doing at the moment. There are various organisations that can help you with an appeal, and may well be able to represent you if needed. Have a look and see if there is a Citizens Advice Bureau, DIAL, Welfare Rights, or other similar local group.

There is a lot of advice and info on here, so you could have a look thru and see if there anything that could be of help to you. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Belle67 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi :welcome: I am a newbie too and was a little scared of posting :yikes: but everyone on here is so friendly and helpful.
There is tons of information on here....Goodluck with your Dla appeal and I agree that you should look for another GP that is more understanding of Fibromyalgia because there are some out there.
Take Care and again Welcome again :wave:
Diagnosed in 2000 but have led a pretty normal life.
Major flare up Nov 2011 now using crutches and Wheelchair.
Medication : Oxycodone,Tramadol,Gabapentin,Venfalaxine,Cyclizine,Climaval
Belle67
UKFM Member

Postby oopseydaisey » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks ladies, ive had a nice shower and im crashed on the sofa with a duvet and a kitten .....im regestering with another drs surgery tomorrow, so hers hoping for a better outcome, thanks again ladies :cat1: :cat1: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others.
Anais Nin
oopseydaisey
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:38 pm

:welcome: Hi, I'm sorry you have had such a tough time with your GP, I agree though that you should change your doctor. have you complained to the surgery about what your doctor saying that?

I hope things improve for you soon :-D
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:40 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: Hope you can find a decent GP :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ribbons » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:24 pm

hello and welcome and good luck with the new Gp x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:44 am

Good luck with your new doc, report your old one to PALS and welcome to the forum, unfortuantly your story is not that unusual which is disgusting in this day and age :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:14 pm

Hello :xmaswave1: Have a massive (but gentle) hug :hugs:

I agree with everyone else, get help from CAB/DIAL with claiming DLA etc. And try and find a nicer Dr, yours barely sounds human - how can any Doctor laugh at a patient in that situation! I would report your Dr to PALS, and either switch to a different GP at your surgery or find a new surgery if you live somewhere big enough to have more than one. He has no right to claim medical conditions which are recognised by the NHS, WHO, all reputable healthcare associations from MEDC countries like the UK, Canada, US etc do not exist. If you find a GP who will support your claim and accept how ill you are you'll find it increases your chances of getting DLA etc. Good luck.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum :xmaswave1:

:goodluck1: with your new GP. :hugs:

If you ever get another GP who refuses to believe in fibro point out to them that the NHS have a web page about it. :tongueout: :swear1: doctors they should be up on all the info these days.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Fibromyalg ... ction.aspx
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:48 pm

good move daisey,

don't put up any longer with that grap GP
Fibro is recognized

go GP shopping and ask if any of them is specialized in chronic illnesses
that might help to decide

don't know if someone else mentionned it
somewhere on the forum is a checker for GPs in your area

bye and all the best
lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby mand » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi oopsey, i was thinking of you seeing another doctor and you have done it....next step dla...it might be best you get help filling in, i get help from welfare rights when filling my daughters dla forms, they know the format and jig you along in remembering things, good luck and it sounds like your on the right track have a look on your nhs primary care for gps, they have a review part for each gp surgery..... let us know how you got on, bets wishes .......mandy :-)
mand
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Another thing............dont be nervous about posting.....ive had more info from the lassies and lads of this forum than any of the professionals......so relax :crazy: your in good hands :wave: :-D
mand
UKFM Member

Postby oopseydaisey » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm

:elephant: Waddles in with hot chocolate and marshmallows for you beautiful lot, i really cant thank you all enough, it ment the world to me......now the next step in my saga.... :grouphug: ..i have regesterd with a new surgery as there is only 2 surgerys i can easily acess lol, and after asking them do their doctors deal with fm and m.e the receptionost has assurd me they do and arranged me an appointment with one of the senior partners......but im still terrefied at seeing another doctor again but i guess its like a plaster, i either do it quickly :yikes: or remopve it slowly...and im gonna pray for some pain relief as paracetamol justisnt cutting it for me.....so please send posative thoughts into the universe for me tomorrow morning..ill let you all know how i get on... :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Anais Nin
oopseydaisey
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Good vibes coming your way for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be OK just think your new doc cant be as bad as the old one :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello