anyone from south wales?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

anyone from south wales?

Postby xcookiex » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi, I'm new here. Been diagnosed with fibro for 7months. I'm 22 with 2children.

I am in so much pain all day, every day that my partner has left work to be my carer and look after the kids.

I am struggling to cope and very depressed. The long nights awake in pain are the worst. All that goes through my mind is taking all my amitriptyline and duloxetene to end it all and stop the pain, n not be a burden on my family.

Anyone from south wales? I don't have anyone who understand what fibro does 2u. Sorry for moaning. Just really need 2talk 2someone who understands

X
xcookiex
UKFM Member

Re: anyone from south wales?

Postby tazzajay 1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 pm

:wave: from TJ,near Newport x
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby xcookiex » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Hey, I'm from bridgend.
Used 2live in newport.

How old ru? How long av u had fibro? X
xcookiex
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum cookie :xmaswave1: :hohoho1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:18 pm

hello,welcome to the forum.i have been a member for 1yr and have found it to be great.i to live in south wales.live about 13mile west of brecon.i have had fm now for 8yrs and like yourself find it a struggle.thankfully with the help of caz and my mum we muddle through.hope you have a good christmas,take care efrem :-D :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:05 am

:wave: :wave: :wave: cookie and :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment, sadly FM turns everything that you knew inside out and upside down when it decides that you're going to be the newest recruit to the gang :facepalm: :facepalm: It's frustrating and worrying as there is so much to try and take on and get used to :-? :-? :shock:

I know you have got these thoughts whirling around, but I don't think your family will be taking you as a burden. With your OH becoming your carer, that says an awful lot about what he thinks to me :grouphug: :grouphug:

Are you on any other meds apart from the amis and duloxetine?? There are various things to be tried in different combinations to try and manage things, this linky tells you about the types used http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspx It may be worth having a word with your GP to see what may be suitable for you to try. Your GP can also help you with how depressed you are feeling, not just with meds, but with talking therapies as well, such as counselling or CBT.

Anything you want to ask or talk about, post it on here as there is a lot of info and advice. Altho we don't physically see each other, we "talk" to each other, share our experiences and try to help and support each other as best we can. If you want to meet fellow FMers, you could see if there is a support group in your area. There are details about some on the main part of the site, or you could try searching for groups in your area. If there isn't much using FM, you could try using CFS/ME as sometimes there are combined groups as the conditions share a large number of symptoms and issues.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby coral » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi I live in a place called Swffryd which is in Blaenau Gwent. Had Fibro I think most of my life (50 years old) but diagnosed last month.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby tazzajay 1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi,just up the road from me Coral.I used to visit friends in Hafodrynys :)
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby woff75 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm fron newport!!
woff75
UKFM Newbie

Postby Cariad84 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi I am 28, with two young children also. I am struggling also, my husband is still working but it is starting to take a toll on his job now also. I am In mid wales- Builth Wells. I was only diagnosed last week with Fibro and Chronic fatigue Syndrome. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. Cariad :-)
Cariad84
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello